Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jrgigl
Level 7

Disney+ Subtitles menu missing?

Jump to solution
Hello. I have the TCL 6 Series TV with Roku TV preinstalled. I’ve recently downloaded the Disney+ app which I am aware that most shows/movies on Disney+ offer foreign language subtitles but I am not able to access the subtitles menu. I am not sure if this is an oversight on Disney+ side or with Roku. I don’t have any problems bringing up the subtitles menu through Disney+ mobile app so I know they actually have a subtitles menu. I am aware that closed captioning can be activated by pressing the asterisk on the remote but that is not the same as switching to a foreign language subtitle while keeping the audio in English. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Disney+ Subtitles menu missing?

Jump to solution

@Jrgigl 

Hi there! 

Thanks for the note. To select a caption track, press the * key during playback and go to Accessibility - Captioning track. From here, you should be able to select from the available captioning track. If you encounter an issue with any caption track, please feel free to follow up with Disney+ support to report the issue and request additional help. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
boogernose
Level 12

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Jrgigl 

Hi there! 

Thanks for the note. To select a caption track, press the * key during playback and go to Accessibility - Captioning track. From here, you should be able to select from the available captioning track. If you encounter an issue with any caption track, please feel free to follow up with Disney+ support to report the issue and request additional help. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post