Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ Serivce Unavailable

For over the last month my Disney+ app will not work on my Roku Express. Every time I go to log in, I get a message saying "Service Unavailable, Disney+ is unavailable in your region". I have tired to get help from Disney+ I have called numerous times and submitted multiple work orders. Disney+ has not been able to help me. Also the customer service is not great. I have been told on numerous occasions my issue is being brought up to the next level and someone will be reaching out to me. 

This last time they said it is an issue with the Roku player. And there is zero customer support from Roku.  I cannot find an email or phone number on their website. The number Disney provided me for Roku support has a message that says "due to covid they do not have customer support". 

I have deleted the Disney+ app, rest my modem & factory reset my Roku player. I am beyond frustrated! I even decided to just by a new Roku player and the issue is still occurring on the new player!

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is their someone that can help me? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 19

Re: Disney+ Serivce Unavailable

If this is a regional conflict of some sort:

Where are you located?

Where does the IP for your internet connection say you are located?  You can find out via such websites as www.iplocation.net.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos

Disney+ had me look into the IP address and they never said there was an issue with the information. They said Roku need to change the location on my Roku player. However, I can't get in touch with anyone from Roku. 

0 Kudos

Thank you for the help. The IP address from the link you forward seems appropriate for my location.  

0 Kudos
Level 21

Was there ever a VPN or anything similar involved that might mask your true location when you created your Roku account or set up your Roku?

0 Kudos

There has not been an VPN setup for this WiFi source. 

I am starting to think I will give up on Roku and buy a more expensive streaming source like a AppleTV. 

0 Kudos