Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney Plus streaming color pixelated

Jump to solution

Hello!

I recently bought a Roku 4k tv and have had no issues with any streaming apps. I downloaded Disney Plus today and the home screen works fine but when I try to watch something the colors are all wrong and it is pixelated. It is only doing this on Disney Plus and I have tried uninstalling and changing the settings in the app. I was able to watch it on my phone and on a fire stick on another tv, but it won't work on my Roku tv. Please Help!This is what it looks like when I try and stream anything on Disney PlusThis is what it looks like when I try and stream anything on Disney Plus

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

Re: Disney Plus streaming color pixelated

Jump to solution

Disney Plus told me to delete the app and then unplug the TV and leave it for at least 10 minutes. Then I plugged it back in and downloaded the app again, logged in and it worked! I don't know if that will work for everyone but I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same problem! Can’t seem to find an answer anywhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Camartin25 @jjfarthing 

I'd recommend reaching out to Disney+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Disney+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Terrible color through my Hisense Disney app, but perfect color through Roku Disney app. Very strange, I thought it was my tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have this problem as well. Did tech support give anyone an answer that helped? I also have a hisense tv. Every other app works fine. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Disney Plus told me to delete the app and then unplug the TV and leave it for at least 10 minutes. Then I plugged it back in and downloaded the app again, logged in and it worked! I don't know if that will work for everyone but I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you! Unplugging the TV alone worked for me. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Unplugging the tv for a bit worked for me too Smiley Happy

0 Kudos