Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vearrea02

Re: Disney Plus skipping through episodes

Yes I was just looking for different solutions I'm glad I'm not the only one it's crazy this comment is from Jan 2022 and the situation is not resolved.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Vearrea02

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously in this thread, gor more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Disney+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

It happen to me all the time I kinda figured it out my daughters watch it all the time and now it’s skipping episodes they were so confused when it played a full episode because when they skipped the whole season so your not thee only one this problem

0 Kudos
Akipe

It has happened to me as well with a different show. Got through 3 seasons fine. First episode in the 4th season I can get about 25 min in and it skips to the next one, same with episode 2.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Akipe

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ahogan

I was able to solve this issue by pushing the right arrow button on the remote until a white square appears around the episode that's still playing in the corner. Push OK and it will return to that episode. I had to do it again after a few seconds when it tried skipping again, but it's working now!

0 Kudos
Hi5tina
Reel Rookie

I used my iPad and the Disney+ app and it worked great! It seems to only happen on my Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Ginabell694
Channel Surfer

My sister and i binged season 4 yesterday and it did it every time. started season 5 and it hasn't done it with that season. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Ginabell694

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on specific content within Disney Plus? If yes, please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

You can reach them here: Disney+ Help Center

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hi5tina
Reel Rookie

It only occurs on specific devices on current episodes. 

It works great on my ipad, but not on the roku tv. 

0 Kudos