Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sweetpea4sure83
Channel Surfer

Disney Plus skipping through episodes

While my son was watching Ravens Home on disney plus, as soon as he hit season 4 episode 1, the episode will play for about 3.5 minutes and then try to skip to the next episode. I spent over 2 hours online with tech support from disney plus, and did everything they could think of including a full factory reset of the roku, creating a new account on disney plus, and nothing worked. Is anyone else having this issue? It happened to us on The Mystery of Sulfur Springs season 2 as well...

32 REPLIES 32
Posies
Channel Surfer

Re: Disney Plus skipping through episodes

This is still an issue, only now it is with "Secrets of Sulphur Springs. I watched episode 9 but within minutes of watching episode 10, it minimizes and gets ready to play episode 11. I turned off autoplay, but it made no difference. Has been going on since Feb 12.

Sweetpea4sure83
Channel Surfer

Yep did it to us on that show as well. Still doing it, they haven't fixed anything 😞 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Posies @Sweetpea4sure83

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

You can reach them here: Disney Plus Help Center

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Posies
Channel Surfer

If that is the case, then why were you able to fix the issue in January for the same issue?

0 Kudos
Sweetpea4sure83
Channel Surfer

I never did get the issue fixed. My son had to watch it on the Disney plus app on my phone to get the episodes to play all the way through. So it is in fact an issue with the roku whether they want to admit to it or not. 

0 Kudos
Posies
Channel Surfer

Really?! And yet they posted that they did fix it! I guess I will watching that episode online! Thanks for responding!

0 Kudos
Sweetpea4sure83
Channel Surfer

Nope it's still doing it for me on both shows. And you're welcome. 

0 Kudos
Amber1987
Reel Rookie

I’m having the exact same issue, I was watching Ravens Home and soon as season 4 came on same thing, it played for a minute or so and jumped to go to the next episode, I have done EVERYTHING you can do to try to fix it, nothings worked but those same episodes have no issue playing on my iPhone so it is 100% a ROKU ISSUE BECAUSE ITS ONLY HAPPENING ON MY ROKU, but since they don’t know how to fix it they just refuse to even accept responsibility, it’s total bs, thankfully I can use screen mirror but it kills my phone

Sweetpea4sure83
Channel Surfer

Nope they absolutely refuse to admit it's on their end. Complete bs. I do the same as far as screen mirror but same with battery usage. I'll be switching to a fire stick or another service soon because rokus CS is **bleep**.  

0 Kudos