Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Disney Plus not working

When I go to Disney Plus the Disney LOGO comes up and then kicks me back to the home screen.  The only other stream I use - Netflix works fine.  Just Disney PLUS effected.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 19

Re: Disney Plus not working

@jsides wrote:

When I go to Disney Plus the Disney LOGO comes up and then kicks me back to the home screen.  The only other stream I use - Netflix works fine.  Just Disney PLUS effected.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 8

Same problem here on both my newer model Rokus. I did the reinstall just as described and it did not work. All other apps work fine, it's only Disney Plus. My Roku is on the latest update of 9.4.0 4200. Disney Plus is most current after install and still does not work. It works fine on PS4/5, Fire Stick, FireTVs and all mobile devices. It's just the Roku where it does not play anymore. Help!

0 Kudos
Level 1

I have the same problem. restart didn't help. Asks me to log in but I don't know any log in information.

0 Kudos