Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adamj13
Level 7

Disney Plus not working on Roku

I can watch Disney Plus on my phone no problem through the Disney Plus app, but after I click on the Disney Plus channel on our Roku TV, a blue "ok" button appears. When you click the "ok" button it sends you back to the Roku Home screen.

We used to be able to watch Disney Plus on our Roku TV no problem, but after renewing our Disney Plus subscription earlier this month, it's been giving us fits.

Checked for updates, and did a system restart, but that didn't help any.

Please help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

Hi @Adamj13

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on Disney+ or across other channels installed on your Roku device? 

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Adamj13
Level 7

Thanks, Kariza. Yes, this only happens with Disney +, and yes, we have tried removing and re-installing the channel. 

What else can we do?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Adamj13
Level 7

Still not working. Also, that link sent me to "how it works."

We already have been in contact with Disney +. Since it plays no problem on my phone, we know it's a Roku issue. 

Please help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Adamj13

Thanks for the response.

For clarification, did you restart your Roku TV before re-installing the channel? If so and the issue persisted from one channel while other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Adamj13 wrote:

Since it plays no problem on my phone, we know it's a Roku issue. 

That has nothing to do with it. The app on your phone is not the same app/channel running on a Roku device. So functionality comparisons between two unrelated devices is meaningless.

I'm not saying that it couldn't be a Roku issue, as they have pushed out some background items to devices that didn't constitute an OS update, but did introduce some memory shortage issues. I believe there's an OS update coming soon for Roku TVs, and it's possible there might be something in that build that could help here. 

But it's also completely possible that Disney pushed out a channel update that broke something. Google does that on occasion, as have some other channel developers, so it's possible the developers of the D+ channel did something similar. In that case, Disney would need to update their channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jxereas
Level 7

same thing happened to me a week ago. i reset the roku ultra to it's factory default settings, reinstalled the apps, changed out ethernet cables, upgraded my cable modem, had the cable company come check the signal at the box, and tried many other things... it's also worth noting that the d+ app does not work for us on any tv and we have several of them, all using the roku stick (usb) player, except the one ultra.  So i just canceled the subscription because i cannot find anyone to help me, not from roku or disney.

John

0 Kudos