Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jashurt

Disney Plus not loading, just a button that says 'OK'

When I click on the Disney Plus app, the screen loads. But instead of going to the profiles page, it just goes to a screen with a button that says 'OK'.

I contacted Disney plus we cleared the cache we also rebooted my internet. And it still doesn’t work. They finally said something is wrong with my Roku. So, I went and bought a brand new Roku Express 4K + and it’s doing the same thing. Can anyone please help me? I’ve been paying for this for months and I can’t use it.

21 REPLIES 21
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Disney Plus not loading, just a button that says 'OK'

Hello @Jashurt

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Does the issue only occur on Disney+ or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Could you tell us when you started experiencing this problem? 

Moreover, try running a software update on your Roku then let us know if there's any difference after. Check out this link for instructions: How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jaym71
Reel Rookie

Same with mine. And it is only with Disney +. It acts like it’s going to load once you click the profile but then just gives the OK button. When you click that it goes back to the Roku main menu. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jaym71 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dasauls

I'm having the same issue. Just started. Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried testing the roku while it was uninstalled, still only says ok and closes. 

Jaym71
Reel Rookie

I’ve done the same. Uninstalled, restarted the Roku, and reinstalled with the same results. If I keep attempting to get into Disney it’ll eventually let me in with out the Ok button. It’ll play for about 30 minutes or so then it’ll start playing the video out of sync with the voice. I’ll have exit Disney when that starts or the Roku will freeze up after a few min and require a manual restart. 

I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried uninstalling the app, factory resetting the Roku, everything and I always just get an "ok" button. I even went into my Disney+ account and forced it to log out of my account but nothing helps. As the others have said, everything was working fine until a few weeks ago.

I saw that Disney+ was just updated so installed the new app but no luck.

0 Kudos

Re:Disney Plus not loading, just a button that says 'OK'

So I got mine to work after setting in chat with Disney+ for an hour. I ended up removing my micro SD card and then removing the app and reinstalling it. The support guy said he poked something related to my IP address but I'm pretty sure it was the SD card causing issues.

0 Kudos
CLW2

Same problem with Disney Plus app on TV. Have completed every suggested solution I have found on the internet. Worked fine until July 2021. Spent hours on the phone with both Roku and Disney Plus, each ending the call saying the problem was with the other provider. Have others found that calling either provided a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CLW2

Thanks for the post. We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos