Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SubLime88

Disney Plus not available in South Africa?

Disney Plus was launched on the 18th May 2022 here in South Africa, however I still cannot find it on my roku device and on the web channel store the option to add the channel is still greyed out? 

When will Disney plus be activated for South Africa? 

I am using a Roku 3 4200x

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney Plus not available in South Africa?

This question comes up again, and again, and again.  Roku isn't supported in your country and available channels/apps will be limited to what providers make available to the entire world on Roku devices.  Most don't allow that and/or have no idea how things work on the Roku platform.  It has nothing to do with a service being available in your country on other platforms.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RodaSan

It would be great if there was a Disney+ app in South Africa, we have accounts but can’t use them on our Roku devices. @Disney 

Arty1

"This question comes up again, and again, and again"  Listen up snarky. It was a valid question. Your vague contemptuous response is probably why the question arises ...again and again and again and again

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Arty1, exactly what answer should I have given to keep it from coming up "again and again and again"?  I'm all ears.  If people would just read I wouldn't have to post "snarky" replies.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos