Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mancipeitaliano
Level 7

Disney Plus in my country?

Buen día, desde Bogotá, intento buscar y agregar Disney Plus pero no se encuentra en mi roku express +, que debo hacer, gracias.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Richie007
Level 7

Disneyplus streaming service for Latin America

Any one knows if the Roku Streaming Stick+ will be updated with the disneyplus channel for Latin America? Currently the channel exists but is unavailable. Disney Channel customer support indicates that it will be available from November 17th., but Roku Customer support has no idea of this. Does Roku needs to update its platform? Can Roku confirm availability of the disney channel plus streaming service through its streaming device?

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney Plus

@Mancipeitaliano 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The most likely reason you cannot see Disney+ in the Roku Channel Store is that Disney+ is currently not available on your device in your region.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GonzaloFirpo
Level 7

ROKU 3600 Can't add Disney+ Channel

Hi everyone,

Can someone explain me, why can't add Disney+?

Do I have to pay to add this channel on roku 3600?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: ROKU 3600 Can`t add Disney+ Channel

There are two possible reasons that you can't add a particular channel. It's either not supported on your device, or it's not available in your geographical location. As far as the 3600, the Disney+ help page is rather vague. It says the Streaming Stick is supported, but then under unsupported devices it lists the 3400, which is the original Streaming Stick. I'm reasonably certain it's not supported on the 3500 either, but have no idea about the 3600. But since their support page is not completely accurate, my guess is they aren't going to support the 3600 since it's so old. Yes, it's only 4 1/2 years old, but hardware wise it's far below the performance of the current Roku devices. But their help page also lists some much older devices, so I really can't say for sure.

It's entirely possible the second reason is the cause. If you're not located in the US, Canada, or one of the few other locations Disney has made it available on Roku, you may not be able to add it. Disney has sole control over the locations they make their channel available on Roku devices, and just because their service is available in certain locations doesn't mean they've permitted Roku devices in that location to access it. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
glucena
Level 7

Re: Disneyplus streaming service for Latin America

Disney+ is now available for latam, tested from venezuela with a fire stick. The channel is still mising on the channel list.

I think Roku needs to enable it on the channel store

Wake up Roku Admins!!!

Tags (2)
GonzaloFirpo
Level 7

Maybe I didn't setup my location.

I was trying to find out where I can change it, but I couldn't

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Your location is determined by where you were located when you created your Roku user account. Wherever your IP address put you at the time, that's where your Roku location is set. You have no ability to change that location. You might ask @RokuDanny-R if customer service can change it, but I've seen in the past that it wasn't possible. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
GonzaloFirpo
Level 7

I'll try to contact  @RokuDanny-R.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

The 3600 is supported - its another issue (most likely region/geographical).

0 Kudos