Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RachellLetts22
Level 7

Disney Plus STOPPED working

We've had the Disney+ app for awhile now, but recently within the last week or so it is stating "Disney+ is unavailable in your region." It works perfectly fine on my laptop and my mobile device, but will not work or sign in on ANY of my Roku TVs. It has previously worked on all 5 of our Roku TVs. I sat on the phone troubleshooting with support from Disney+ for 2 hours, and nothing they tried would fix the issue. They are supposed to look into the problem and email me with any potential fixes. In the mean time I thought I would check here to see if anyone had a similar issue. I am guessing it is a communication problem between my IP address and Disney+, but we just couldn't figure it out. Any help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Disney Plus STOPPED working

Are you using a VPN that might be masking your actual location?
Find out what location is reported for your internet connection's IP by going to a website like https://www.iplocation.net/
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
istelecom
Level 8

if you are using VPN service, change the server you are using... same problem here, i was in a server in Los Angeles Ca, Change to San Francisco Ca and the service restore in my Roku,,,, 

0 Kudos
LordFig
Level 7

Same here, no VPN...loads Disney logo, the closes back to home...plz help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LordFig

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos