Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danidutil
Reel Rookie

Re: Apps won't open- tried everything

Jump to solution

Having this same issue 

None of my apps with oppen I am receiving a startup failure.

I cannot even get the options to open to try to remove the app and reinstall.

I have rebooted countless times both thr roku and tv shut them off for a while, checked the internet and still nothing.

0 Kudos
Plop
Reel Rookie

Re: Apps won't open- tried everything

Jump to solution

This thread doesn't relate to Start up failures, I'd suggest looking for a suitable thread with the same problems as yours.

Try to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and finish setting up your Roku device. Then once your device is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

@Danidutil wrote:

Having this same issue 

None of my apps with oppen I am receiving a startup failure.

I cannot even get the options to open to try to remove the app and reinstall.

I have rebooted countless times both thr roku and tv shut them off for a while, checked the internet and still nothing.

HiL

Re: Disney Plus not working

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  I also have Netflix and it works fine!  I always have to restart and do an update - everyday!!  It's a little ridiculous to say the least.  When is ROKU going to fix this issue as it seems it has been an ongoing problem for over a year!!  Please do something about this - it is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @HiL

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into Disney+? Are you getting an error code or message? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

FYI for everyone: Disney released a new version of their channel today. You might do a manual update and see if the new version helps. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
FamilyJKL

Hulu sends me back to roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hulu app issues.   Worked fine this morning as it stays on all night. Hulu asked if I still was watching and sent me back to roku home screen. Now everytime I click the app and click my name it goes right back to roku screen so frustrating. 

Hulu needs improvement. I realized the only new thing is that the screen theme changed but other than that all other apps have no issues except HULU APP. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SUW
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu app l, click name and it sends me back to roku home screen

Jump to solution

I am having same issue this morning. I click on Hulu, says it’s loading but then returns to Roku Home Screen. 

0 Kudos
LutherSong

Jump to solution

Me too! 11/10/21. Auto switch back to ROKU instead of advancing to Hulu. Anyone find a fix?

0 Kudos
Jp61203

Hulu won’t open. I’ve tried all the things.

Jump to solution

Roku, please figure this out. I’ve done all the things (check for channel updates, check for system updates, delete channel, system restart, complete system reset). Nothing works and this is a problem on all Roku sticks. I’m guessing there’s something wrong with a recent update bc it’s been working fine. PLEASE FIX THIS. I’ve been a huge proponent of roku sticks to friends, family, colleagues. Don’t make me wrong!!

0 Kudos
Jp61203

Jump to solution

ME TOO. And I’ve tried all the things. Now I’m annoyed that I’ve worked on this for over an hour, I didn’t get my morning news, and I’m late to start my day. Grrrrr…..

0 Kudos