Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Basil
Roku Guru

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution
"Jaybird75" wrote:
I’m having the exact same problem with the Disney Now app as Tacoma.  But I’m having the problem with two different streaming sticks.  Basil, I tried your fix for each, but it didn’t work for either.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Just to be clear, you removed the app from a Stick, rebooted that Stick, then added it back? In that order? Not reboot, remove, add? Not remove, add, reboot? 

Please don't take my questioning the wrong way. This Forum is flooded with people being told to do things in one particular order, but they'll do them in another order thinking it doesn't matter. It does matter. That behavior appears to be something common among humans, so I must verify. Please understand we're just trying to get things fixed.
Basil
Longtime Roku user
0 Kudos
Jaybird75
Visitor

Jump to solution
No offense taken at all. I appreciate you taking the time out to weigh in. Just to be certain, I went back through the steps, but it still didn’t work. It plays about 2 seconds of video and then goes to the home screen.
wallydog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
You might want to try adding this step after removing the app remove the power to the roku then let it reboot and then add the app back .
0 Kudos
Jaybird75
Visitor

Jump to solution
"wallydog" wrote:
You might want to try adding this step after removing the app remove the power to the roku then let it reboot and then add the app back .

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but it still doesn’t work.
0 Kudos
Basil
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
"Jaybird75" wrote:
No offense taken at all.  I appreciate you taking the time out to weigh in.  Just to be certain, I went back through the steps, but it still didn’t work.  It plays about 2 seconds of video and then goes to the home screen.

I have the previous generation Stick, model 3600. I just added Disney Now and authenticated against my provider, DirecTV Now. I launched an episode of, I don’t know, something. It played fine.

However, after exiting the app for a few minutes, I am now getting the same behavior.

Removing, rebooting, and re-adding the app fixes it temporarily, but the issue returns after exiting the app.

So, the “fix” isn’t really any good. Actually, removing and re-adding (without the reboot in between) keeps the authentication info, speeding up “recovery” time.

Still, this is an issue.

The regular moderator, RokuShawnS, will be along tomorrow and will likely open a ticket, or request info in order to open a ticket. Unless, of course, he already has info on this issue.
Basil
Longtime Roku user
0 Kudos
Jaybird75
Visitor

Jump to solution
"Basil" wrote:
"Jaybird75" wrote:
No offense taken at all.  I appreciate you taking the time out to weigh in.  Just to be certain, I went back through the steps, but it still didn’t work.  It plays about 2 seconds of video and then goes to the home screen.

I have the previous generation Stick, model 3600. I just added Disney Now and authenticated against my provider, DirecTV Now. I launched an episode of, I don’t know, something. It played fine.

However, after exiting the app for a few minutes, I am now getting the same behavior.

Removing, rebooting, and re-adding the app fixes it temporarily, but the issue returns after exiting the app.

So, the “fix” isn’t really any good. Actually, removing and re-adding (without the reboot in between) keeps the authentication info, speeding up “recovery” time.

Still, this is an issue.

The regular moderator, RokuShawnS, will be along tomorrow and will likely open a ticket, or request info in order to open a ticket. Unless, of course, he already has info on this issue.

Super. Thanks for taking the time to look into it.
0 Kudos
Tacoma
Visitor

Jump to solution
Removing the app, rebooting the roku, and reinstalling the app turns out to be a temporary fix 😞 once I exit the app, I have to follow those steps every time I try to go into the app again because it will kick me out to the home screen.
0 Kudos
normn3116
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hello all,

My Disney app does the same thing on the Roku Premiere.  The app loads, but when I go to choose a show, it kicks me to the home page.  Has anybody come up with a lasting fix?
0 Kudos
normn3116
Visitor

Jump to solution
UPDATE: I tried a factory reset, and it did not work. However, on my insignia 39" roku tv, disneynow works just fine. The insignia is running system version 8.0, while the premiere is on 8.1.
0 Kudos
Moguy1973
Visitor

Jump to solution
I have a Roku Express and the Disney App is doing the same thing. I’ve tried uninstalling the app rebooting and then reinstalling and that fixes it for a couple hours until we turn the Roku back on and it kicks us out when we try to use the Disney app again. This seems like the only app that does this. We just bought a TCL Roku TV and it does not have the issue.
0 Kudos