Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Hulu app l, click name and it sends me back to roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @Orstrausshouse @EmmieDasinger17

Thank for the post.

Try running a manual software or channel update to see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. Feel free to follow the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.

• Note: The System update screen displays the current software and build version, along with the date and time of the latest update.

5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,

Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
khollar

Re: Apps won't open after restarting tv

Jump to solution

Hi none of my apps have been working except Netflix so I know its not a network connection problem. Havent been able to use hbo max or hulu all week. I tried removing the chanels, restarting the tv system, and then readding the channels like you suggested but the apps will wont work. Is there something else I can try ?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@khollar

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using? Have you already tried checking for a manual software update on your Roku device to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

To check for a manual update, navigate to Home Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nimbusone

Jump to solution

I have had the same issue this whole week. Netflix seemed to be the only app working. I ended up doing a manual update like someone mentioned, and all my apps are working now.

0 Kudos
Smaci

Hulu won't launch – crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

I open Hulu go to my stuff click on a show and it crashes and goes right to the Roku home screen. I'm ready to go back to chrome cast with tv. I never had this issue on it. I have done all the steps in the same order. 1) delete Hulu app 2) restart or reset Roku 3) reinstall the Hulu app. THE APP STILL CRASHES BACK TO THE HOME SCREEN. It's been doing it for the last two days with no fix.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu crashes to Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @Smaci,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? 

Have you tried to get the latest Hulu channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile, or going to Settings for a System Update there. Then, restart your player. 

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Benne
Reel Rookie

Roku TV will not open apps

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm having the same issues only now nothing, not even my cable will come up. I keep getting "can not add channel" now. I updated everything, unplugged all connections and even tried uninstalling and reinstalling my apps. Nothing works now and I can't even use my cable. 🤬🤬🤬

0 Kudos
Plop
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV will not open apps

Jump to solution

@Benne wrote:

Hi, I'm having the same issues only now nothing, not even my cable will come up. I keep getting "can not add channel" now. I updated everything, unplugged all connections and even tried uninstalling and reinstalling my apps. Nothing works now and I can't even use my cable. 🤬🤬🤬

Have you tried manually updating your apps?

0 Kudos
Benne
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV will not open apps

Jump to solution

Yes, but now it keeps saying it can not reinstall because of the network connection. But when I go to check the connection it says it's excellent. 

0 Kudos