Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hulu, HBO max, Disney + crash to home screen

Jump to solution

I've already done a factory reset, it did nothing. I've deleted the channels and still nothing after factory resetting. It's doing the same thing and it's very irritating. This roku is a piece of garbage!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Nick8forever

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the order in which you did the troubleshooting steps? It's important that after removing the channel that you then restart/factory reset your device before adding the channel back again and trying, specifically in that order.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Is this also your recommendation for a crashing app that seems to work fine after a reboot of the roku?
I seem to always get a crash-to-homescreen when a few minutes into watching my 1 weekly show on Disney Plus, a couple of times I tried to watch the show again, same issue. On at least 3 occasions a reboot of the roku temporarily resolved the issue enough for me to get through the 30-40 minute episode before resuming my normal watching behavior (Mostly Youtube).

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I'm late to the party but this did not fix the issue for me. I did all of the steps in order and I am still getting bounced out of HULU, Prime Video, and Disney plus. After about 2 minutes of watching content, I will suddenly be back on the home screen (and I swear I'm not sitting on the remote). Curiously, Netflix has been working just fine. Please help.

0 Kudos
SarahLacek

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

How do you reboot Roku if it’s part of your tv?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Hi @bassoonenough,

Thanks for the post.

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? How are you powering the device? 

We would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you can update to the latest OS and see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting.
For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?
Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

Hi @SarahLacek,

Thanks for the inquiry.

To reboot or to restart a Roku TV, please go to Settings>System>Power>System restart.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Price303
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my Roku Express model 3930x software version 9.4.0 build 4200x. Netflix works fine but Prime, Disney+, Hulu, HBOMax and all other channels crash back to the home screen after 3 minutes! SMDH is there any sort of solution that I can try to fix this issue??? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, many program developers are doing a poor job with designing their channels for the older, less powerful devices. HBO Max is one prime example. The channel works just fine on my newest Ultra players, as well as my 4K Roku TV, but many are reporting the same crashing issues with the lower model devices. And HBO is doing a terrible job with their Android TV app as well, so it's not just the Roku developers. I've never tried Max on my small Roku TV, but it wouldn't surprise me if it had issues, as it's pretty low on processing power itself. 

Everyone needs to complain directly to the channel providers (HBO, Amazon, Hulu, etc.) because it's the failure of their developers that is causing the problem. Roku hasn't updated their OS since early December, so they've done nothing that would cause these recent issues. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Price303
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same device connected to the TV in the guest bedroom and it's not experiencing any problems or issues... 🤔🤔🤔 Both were purchased at the same time. 

0 Kudos