Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leftstrat
Level 7

Disney Now app problem.

If this has already ben accessed, or remedied, I apologize. Disney now works well , and was keeping my granddaughter happy. Now, going into the app just throws all of the streaming sticks back to the home screen. Have tried restarting, unplugging and plugging back in the Roku, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, to no avail. If anybody has any idea how to fix this problem, please let me know. I would certainly appreciate it, as I know my grandaughter would. Thank you very much.
2 roku streaming sticks, 1 roku streaming stick+
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Disney Now app problem.

Make certain in between uninstalling/reinstalling the channel, you reboot the Roku.  It's very important you don't skip that step.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Leftstrat
Level 7

Tried that, step by step. Worked on the first try… thanks.
2 roku streaming sticks, 1 roku streaming stick+
0 Kudos
londovir
Level 7

But has it continued to work beyond the first try?

There's a number of us on another thread that hasn't gotten any attention who are reporting the exact same problem with the Disney Now app on our Rokus. We've uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, and it will only work for the very first use of the Disney Now app after that. If you then exit Disney Now, and try to re-enter it, it will not work properly until you repeat the whole uninstall/reboot/reinstall cycle all over again.

It's getting quite tedious, honestly. I wish there was a solution to this, as having twin 2 year olds who don't understand having to wait 5 minutes to do this whole process every single time they want to watch Disney is not a fun thing to have. With Prime Day coming tomorrow, it's become very, very attractive a thought to dump Roku for another device that doesn't have these issues.
0 Kudos
flamebird
Level 7

I had similar issues when Disney changed from separate apps to the Disney Now all in one app. I finally got tired of fighting with it and got a " live chat" on the Disney website. The walked me though a few steps to try and fix it and then ran some sort of test and got it fixed about an hour later. I was shocked at the fast response time; but it couldn't hurt to try.
0 Kudos
Straywire
Level 7

I am having this same issue. Is there a simple solution?
0 Kudos
Havfth
Level 7

Disney now checks your internet provider every time the app starts if you as an example are using Comcast internet but someone else’s Comcast login cause you don’t want to pay for Disney channel package yourself. It won’t load at all because it checks your internet connection itself to see if the username on internet match’s the one in the Disney app. If you have hotspot on your phone and connect roku to phone then load app it will load. Disable hotspot and it will go back to your home internet and will work until the next time you load the app. They are trying to cut down on people sharing username and passwords.
0 Kudos