Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amac620
Level 7

Disney+ Help

I have a subscription with Disney+ thru Amazon Prime. When I try to log in to my Disney+ account on my Roku, it cannot find my account. How can I login? I have used my Amazon account email and it is saying email not found. I have the Prime Video app on the Roku and it’s working fine. Please help! 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney+ Help

@amac620 

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure that you are logging in to the Disney+ channel with your Disney+ account information? Since you have the Disney+ through Amazon Prime, are you able to watch Disney+ content through the Amazon Prime channel?

If you need additional help or support, please contact Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
airstream97
Level 7

Danny, 

I got this email on May 23.

This is a confirmation that you've updated your Disney+ Account. You've either reset your password or changed your email address.
If you did not make these changes, please visit our Help Center for more information.

I have since been unable to login to watch Disney Plus. I called Disney Plus, gave them my email and they say that they can't find my account.

I emailed Roku and they say I have to get this fixed by Disney Plus. Disney said that since this is a 3rd party app from Roku, they can't fix it.

Have I been hacked? I changed my Roku billing method and pw. 

How do I watch Disney Plus again through Roku?

Thanks!

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@airstream97 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's account information and authentication, you'll want to contact Disney+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bee19
Level 7

Hi @RokuDanny-R,

I’m experiencing the same issue as @airstream97. I have called Disney+, and I was informed that Roku changed my login information. It is now an email associated with Roku, and I have no access to that Roku email or any password information. The worst part is that Disney has a single sign-on system, so the login information is the same across all Disney platforms including Walt Disney World and Resorts. I now have no access to ANY of Disney accounts – I cannot access Disney+ (though I keep getting charged and can’t even login to cancel the subscription) and also all my trip information to Walt Disney World and Resorts is lost, including tickets connected to my account. How can you change the email address on someone’s account without their consent?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bee19 

Thanks for the information.

For account related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
shaney1963
Level 7

I had to concede that neither Roku nor Disney+ would help me with the account sign-in issue.  If I wanted to sign in to Disney+ on another device I had to cancel my subscription through my Roku account and create a new account directly with Disney+.  The cost is the same, and I get to watch the channel on all my devices. 

0 Kudos