Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harryhig
Reel Rookie

Disney+ Error 93- Suspicious Activity

UPDATE:  Disney+ started working on it's own again. No clue why, but I'm not asking any questions.

For over a month we have not been able to use Disney+ on ANY Roku device in the house due to the following error:

Due suspicious activity from this account, we have blocked your access. If you believe this is in error please contact customer service (Error Code 93).

I have now contacted Disney+ customer service 6 times. They claim it's an IP address issue and told me to contact AT&T (my ISP) and have them assign a new IP address. I called AT&T, and they said that all Rokus in the house use the same IP address to connect to the Internet as does any computer hooked up to the AT&T router. This is because there is only one IP address the AT&T modem/router uses to connect to the Internet. Each device on the network in our house (LAN) has it's own internal IP, but since that is the case, the fact that Disney+ doesn't work on any Roku device presents a larger issue. However, if Disney+ works on my laptop and it is using the same IP address as any of our 3 Rokus would use to reach the Internet, it should  work on the Rokus. But it doesn't.

I can talk to a real live human at AT&T and at Disney+, but not at Roku, where the issue apparently resides. To say I'm frustrated is the greatest understatement of all time.

I have tried every troubleshooting tip with the Roku that I've been told by Disney+ & AT&T, such as clearing the cache, restarting the Roku, a factory reset, you name it. Nothing works! 

Someone PLEASE help!! 

17 REPLIES 17
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Disney+ Error 93- Suspicious Activity

@harryhig 

The error messages tells you to contact Disney+ customer service (which apparently you did).

D+ CS tells you its an IP Address ban conflict issue (this is D+'s ban, and their responsibility), but shifts responsibility to AT&T, so you contact AT&T CS who tells you all your devices share the same IP (they do, your WAN IP), but doesnt force a WAN IP(v4) change (their responsibility), but then shifts responsibility and tells you its a Roku issue, and you go along with this and start factory resetting etc your Rokus?

And FTR, your laptop has IPv6 (Roku's dont, yet) and its probably the default protocol (instead of IPv4), which is why it can access Disney+, but the Rokus cant.

Roku didnt implement the IP address ban for D+: D+ did/does. 

Roku didnt assign your IP address: AT&T did/does.

Whether or not you can contact a live Roku CS agent (different issue), logic would dictate that:

1) If Disney+ tells you its their IP address ban, then they should remove it. 

2) If AT&T tells you they assign the IP address, then they should change it.

3) Roku CS "inaccessibility" is moot (none of this is their issue).

Do yourself a favor and either 1) Get D+ to remove the IP ban or 2) Get AT&T to change your IP(v4) address.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@harryhig-

Have you shared your Disney+ account login parameters with others in a different household (or are sharing Disney+ login parameters with with another household's account)?  If so, Disney may be cracking down on account sharing.

On the other hand, some (all?) channel apps determine your location by the IP number assigned to you by your internet provider. If your internet provider assigns or changes your IP number to one attached to one of its servers located in a different area, that could change the local stations you are provided.  

You can use a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ to see where the IP number assigned by your internet provider indicates you are located. If this doesn't represent your actual area, contact your internet provider and ask to be reassigned an IP in your area.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

I'm not sure if you can do this. If you can log into whatever router you are using, you might be able to use a cloned MAC address. In other words AT&T would think it is a different device an give you a different IP. That should get you a new IP. If you are not sure try doing an internet search. This assumes you are not account sharing.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@harryhig  And this is a Roku issue how? Make your phone a mobile hotspot and connect your Roku to it. If you can steam Disney+ just fine then it’s something with your AT&T modem. No where on Disney+ website does it mention error code 93. 39 yes

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=19342820db8d80d03c0cf158bf9619dd

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

There is no error code 93 listed on Disney+ website. Suspicious activity tells you to reset your password. 

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=707e34f1db1b3414db1ceb2ed396190a

List of error codes

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=19342820db8d80d03c0cf158bf9619dd

0 Kudos
karlhoze
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue and it has nothing to do with Roku as I am not even using a ROKU. I am still having the same problem. Basically, Disney has no idea why they are having this issue (error code 93) and has no timetable as to when it can be fixed. I can get it to work if I use my data plan on my phone though. Another weird issue is that my phone wifi has a completely different IP address than my desktop and all the other devices in the home. My phone is not on a VPN either.

0 Kudos
harryhig
Reel Rookie

You're going to love this. It went away about a week ago. No clue why; Disney+ is just working again. NOT asking any questions!!

karlhoze
Reel Rookie

Wow! Great for you guys. Mine is all jacked up. I also have ESPN+ and they canceled that service because "Mei" at Dsiney+ higher up service thought I wanted it canceled. (language barrier) I told her I wanted to be compensated for my time and for not being able to watch something, ie a credit and they canceled my service. Complete cluster...

0 Kudos
Aznowell

I’ve had the same problem for months! I have tried logging out of all accounts and password reset but nothing works. 

0 Kudos