Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Disney+ Content Tiles Not Loading or Error Installing Channel

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. Sorry to hear about some of the hiccups you're running into! 

The Disney+ channel is currently experiencing high demand due to high popularity, which may result in some performance issues across various platforms which offer their service. Disney+ is working diligently to help address these issues and get things running smoothly. 

In the meantime, if you are seeing missing content, or images that aren't loading in the channel interface, please try restarting your device, and trying again. 

If you aren't able to install the channel, or receive an error, please restart your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart (or Settings>System>Power>System restart on Roku TVs). Then, check for a system update in Settings>System update>Check now. As long as you are using a model of Roku device that the Disney+ channel supports, the channel should install, even if it takes a few tries. 

If you need additional help or support, please contact Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

jayce75
Level 8

Re: Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution

Why didn't they post a list of supported devices before now? I looked a couple of months ago in case I needed to upgrade and all they said was Roku devices - didn't specify model or anything. I'm going to try going through the Apple TV App - that's how you get to Disney + on the Apple TV Gen 3

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@jayce75 

Disney+ is a standalone channel (app) on the Roku platform. It is not available inside other channels/services. 

For more information or questions, please contact Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Janabanana
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting. So it wasn't just me...We were at D23 Expo and I don't remember any caveats about we needed a certain Roku to get service. 

0 Kudos
Scifichick
Level 7

Jump to solution
After a bunch of testing, I figured out the issue (mostly). I have a Homeowner Association supplied internet service, as well as a secondary Network through Xfinity. The HOA network has a weird location/region. When I installed the Disney+ app on my phone and used my Xfinity network, it worked like a charm. I swapped out my Roku connection to my Xfinity wifi and the error was resolved. So, I'd say if you are getting location errors, try switching networks (if possible). This was not a Roku issue at all. Hope that helps (or at least makes sense).
0 Kudos
Jdubs36
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution
Not sure if this is a Disney+ problem or a Roku problem, but all I see is a blank blue screen when I log into the Disney+ channel. I preordered a subscription, and was able to successfully add the channel to my Roku (4K Ultra). Any advice? I would post a pic of what I’m seeing but I don’t see the option to add a pic to this reply. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Jdubs36
Level 7

Jump to solution
Nevermind! I read through the thread and saw the recommendation to restart my Roku, and that worked! Thanks though! This community is super helpful 👍🏼
0 Kudos
Trey522
Level 7

Jump to solution

Anyone else having the problem of when you try to start Disney + all it says is Start streaming November 12, 2019.... well it is November 12, 2019 so dont know why there is no other option...

0 Kudos
Angiodan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same issue on a Roku TV, just a blank blue screen after log in and purchased a bundle on line. 

0 Kudos
b_coats
Level 7

Re: Disney plus app downloaded but is not working

Jump to solution

I had the same thing and searched for answers.  But  I unplugged my roku from the power source and tried it again.  Now it works

0 Kudos