Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Content Tiles Not Loading or Error Installing Channel

Jump to solution

@jonasbrothers wrote:

Try a restart. This worked for me.

Initially Disney+ was not available this morning 24 March.

I restarted and the channel was then available.

Roku 3, 4200X

Just now I've managed to install the app on the same device as you. It definitely wasn't there this morning!

Now my girlfriend is happy and can live in peace, bloody Disney.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, my roku box model 4201SK is not showing Disney plus. I've restarted and updated software etc but the channel won't appear. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

@Noobmaster69 wrote:

Hi, my roku box model 4201SK is not showing Disney plus. I've restarted and updated software etc but the channel won't appear. Any ideas? 

Based on your model number, I believe you are not in the US. Disney+ is only available in specific countries, and even if it's available in your country Roku devices may not be authorized to use it. That is under the total control of Disney, and there's nothing Roku can do to change that. You need to contact Disney+ support, ensure their content is available in your country, then ask them to permit Roku devices to use their channel in your country. Again, Roku themselves cannot make those changes. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

While I have an older Roku streaming stick, Disney+ is showing up among available channels. However, when I select I eventually get a message with "error code 42" referencing my internet connection. This only occurs with Disney+ as I am able to access other channels.

Appreciate any assistannce or recommendations.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Noobmaster69  Thanks for the note. That model of device is a Roku-powered Sky device. These devices are managed and administered entirely by the provider themselves, including all channels and availability. You'll need to contact Sky support directly for more help and any questions. You can reach them here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just signed up for Disney+ here in the UK. But I am experiencing very poor performance through the Roku app for my Roku Premiere.

Disney+ works OK if I stream on my macbook via Chrome Browser, but the Roku app is almost unusable (but my Roku works well with Netflix).

Primary errors are buffering, stalls in the stream, video and audio getting out of sync (usually followed by more buffering errors)

Is there anything I can do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@MurrayE  Thanks for the note. Roku Premiere devices are only compatible with 2.4GHz wireless networks. Other devices, such as laptops and notebooks often support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks. It's likely that there is wireless interference occurring on the 2.4GHz band of your wireless networks. We'd recommend trying to change the wireless broadcast channel on the 2.4GHz band of your wireless network to help improve performance. 

Some streaming services are also reducing streaming quality temporarily on some device platforms, due to the higher overall data usage that is occurring related to the recent COVID-19 health mandates to stay at home. It's possible that the behavior you are seeing may also relate to this, but it's hard to say. These changes are controlled by each streaming channel/service independently, and they would be able to provide more information. 

If adjusting your network settings isn'e helping improve the behavior, you'll want to reach out to Disney+ support directly to report the issue and request additional assistance. You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you @RokuTannerD I contacted Disney support, but they were of no help - they simply suggested restarting, clearing cache, updating software, removing and reinstalling the app, etc etc. None of that helped.

I tried forcing the resolution of the Roku to 720p, but that hasn't helped either, I'm still getting 'Buffering Timeout'

Understand there are likely to be bandwidth problems on the first Friday night after Disney+ launches in the UK as well as a shutdown.

I'll take a look at the 2.4GHz channels to see if I can improve anything there (although Netflix streams just fine, the only issue I'm having is Disney+)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

@MurrayE wrote:

I just signed up for Disney+ here in the UK. But I am experiencing very poor performance through the Roku app for my Roku Premiere.

Disney+ works OK if I stream on my macbook via Chrome Browser, but the Roku app is almost unusable (but my Roku works well with Netflix).

Primary errors are buffering, stalls in the stream, video and audio getting out of sync (usually followed by more buffering errors)

Is there anything I can do?

Making two assumptions: 1) Disney+ uses the same app/channel we use here in the US and 2) Disney is streaming from the same servers we are.

I have no issues with D+ on my Ultra players. One is wired, the other is wireless. I no longer use Netflix, but I know their max bitrate tops out at 16 Mbps. It's possible that D+ is higher when streaming 4K, but I honestly don't know what their speeds are. Since your MacBook is OK, then your Internet speed should be sufficient. So the next thing to look at is the network connection to the Roku.

Assuming your Premiere is about the same as mine, that means WiFi only. If it's the original Premiere, it's dual band, but the later players are 2.4 GHz only. Do you know if your wireless network offer 2.4 and 5 GHz, or 2.4 only? 2.4 GHz is extremely crowded, and even if your Mac is getting a good signal, the Roku might be having issues. Try moving the Roku a bit. It might only be a matter if inches to get a better signal. If that doesn't help, you can try using a different channel in your wireless router. The 2.4 GHz band uses channels 1-11. If you're using a channel at one end, try the middle or the other end. If you're in the middle now, try an end channel.

If you have 5 GHz, make sure it's not set to a DFS channel. That means you must use channels 32-48 or 149-165. Any other channel number and your Roku won't see it. If you can, change the SSID on your 5 GHz radio to something different than the 2.4 GHz radio. That way you can be sure of connecting to 5 GHz. The biggest advantage to 5 GHz is less crowding, and also much higher potential speeds. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. My Premiere is single-band, I'll do some testing on channels and positioning and see if I can make any improvements.

We live out in the middle of nowhere, so very little interference here and most devices connected at 5GHz. Here's hoping!

Thanks again.

0 Kudos