Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Disney plus

Jump to solution

I have a hitachi smart tv with Roku but I can’t install Disney + is anyone else having this trouble I’ve already tried updating it and still no Disney plus the channel won’t come out to even download it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Disney plus

Jump to solution

@Yaritzarivera7 wrote:

I have a hitachi smart tv with Roku but I can’t install Disney + is anyone else having this trouble I’ve already tried updating it and still no Disney plus the channel won’t come out to even download it 

What country are you in? Disney is only supporting their app on Roku in the US and Canada for now. Maybe another place or two I haven't about. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Trouble adding Disney Plus

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 2 and when I go to search streaming channels, Disney Plus doesn't show up. Is Disney Plus not compatible with the Roku 2?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

I’m unable to open my Disney+ app! It shows that it’s opening and then it just goes back to the Roku home screen. I’ve tried restarted the system I’ve tried a factory reset ive checked my network connection and I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it. Nothing has helped 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Aramirez1 wrote:

I’m unable to open my Disney+ app! It shows that it’s opening and then it just goes back to the Roku home screen. I’ve tried restarted the system I’ve tried a factory reset ive checked my network connection and I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it. Nothing has helped 

When you removed the channel, did you reboot the Roku? If not, the removal wasn't complete and if there was a problem it's likely still there. If it's a Roku TV, a reboot is not just turning it off and on. Use the menu to do a system restart, or unplug the TV for 30 seconds. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem.  Trying to do an internet search, and haven't found a solution yet.  Hoping that it's just a temporary glitch with Roku Disney+ Channel.  I can log onto Disney+ through a web browser just fine.  Was working normally yesterday.  I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, but no change. Tried system reboot as suggested, no change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did a Factory Reset.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for all the comments. However, I have already searched that disney + is not yet available in our country, Philippines. Even I have the disney+ apps on my amazon fire, I was able to create an account but it doesn't work here in the Philippines as I've said. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Trouble adding Disney Plus

Jump to solution

@Ryana14 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can see the supported list of Roku device models that the Disney+ channel supports here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=a168b614db4d40d03c0cf158bf96198e

The following Roku device models are not supported by the Disney+ channel: 

2400, 3000, 3050, 3100, 2450, 2500, 3400, 3420

If you have additional questions regarding device availability, please reach out to Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU Express Support Disney+?

Jump to solution

I have a Samsung Plasma TV that doesn't support DISNEY PLUS (which I have through my cable provider).  Samsung told me that the only way I can get it on this model (SAMSUNG PN51F-4500AF) is to use either a FIRESTICK or PLAYSTATION.  Walmart suggested the ROKU EXPRESS.  I have purchased it.  What do you think...will it work?

0 Kudos