Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

@ErixSoleil wrote:

I have a 3810X Roku device and a Roku TV, both won't show Disney plus channel in the channel store, and on Internet I'm able to search for Disney channel but the "Add channel" is greyed out. I have waited until now, but still isn't able to add it, by the way both system have been rebooted and are up to date.

What country are you in? Disney+ isn't supported on Roku devices in all locations. That's a Disney decision, not Roku.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Arice54
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

Disney+ worked on my roku for a month and about a week ago when i try it says an unexpected problem (but not a server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Uhleeshuh188
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue as of lately. I can watch on my phone but not my Roku TV or my Roku premier streaming stick. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sarag1995
Level 7

Disney+ - Wrong password

Jump to solution

Hi,

So I’ve only read another post like mine and it was solved by something I’ve already tried and didn’t succeed.

I’ve registered to Disney+ yesterday and just installed the channel on my 2019 Roku TV. When entering the right email and the right password, it tells me that my password is wrong.

Also, the weird thing is that I’m able to connect to other devices such as my phone and computer with the exact same password that the Roku TV doesn’t recognize.

I’ve tried entering the password a dozen of times, changing the password, emptying my TV cache, shutting down the TV and also spent one hour with Disney+ on the phone.

Has that ever happened to anyone ? If yes, how did you resolve it ? The other post was resolved cause the person had mistaken a coma for something else in his password. But it’s not my case !

Thanks a lot ! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Krugo157
Level 7

Re: Disney+ “Error: Protected Content License Error” every time I press play on a movie

Jump to solution

Since it's been a few months... Have you found a way to fix this? I am having the exact same problem too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AnniEm
Level 10

Re: Disney+ “Error: Protected Content License Error” every time I press play on a movie

Jump to solution

Which model Roku do you have? For many of us, the ONLY thing that's worked is a full factory reset of the device (like you just bought it - you'll have to re-enter all passwords, WiFi password if applicable, etc.).

@Krugo157 wrote:

Since it's been a few months... Have you found a way to fix this? I am having the exact same problem too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dlwharleyman
Level 7

Disney Plus setup says to enter ROKU PIN

Jump to solution

When I get to the setup part where I select the monthly subscription, setup then says to Enter Roku PIN. I have my Roku set to No Pin Required. If I select the subscribe button, the screen flashes to the Disney screen and then back to PIN screen. Went to my.roku.com and set up a PIN, but Disney setup does not recognize the pin. No error message. Screen flashes to Disney screen and then back to Roku PIN screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I had this error on my Roku TV model 7121X.  What solved it for me was connecting my TV to my phone's hotspot for a bit. 

I figured something was wrong with the time (or lack of time) as the System Update section was devoid of any last update time or last checked time.  Once the TV was connected to my phone, both of those filled in and the time screen saver showed the correct time.  I did not check the time screen saver prior to this though.

While connected to my phone, I was able to start Disney+ and watch part of a movie.  So I connected the TV back to my wired network and can still play it.

I'm guessing I'm blocking something that I shouldn't be but I also have a Roku 4 that works without issue.  Perhaps it's because it's been in place since before I started down the path of blocking things.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sarag1995
Level 7

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Captain97
Level 7

Re: Roku Disney plus error

Jump to solution

Has there been a solution? My Roku displays the same error. 

0 Kudos