Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

4K playback issue with Disney+

Jump to solution

Why is it that the Roku premier 4K will playback disney+, but give me error messages either the next time I log in or the very next episode?

I'm ready to say screw roku and go buy another device.  Btw I've already tried replacing the 4K hdmi cable.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD I did already last night  They told.me my two roku devices were not supported yet could not explain how I have been able to watch disney plus for a month on the both of them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

@shwalshe What specifically is occurring when you try to load the channel on your devices? Do you see an error message? If so, what is the exact error message? To note, if you are trying to use a VPN or other service to modify your location information in any way, this is not supported and would result in the channel not working as intended. 

Feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku Streaming Stick and Roku TV from Settings>System>About. I can take a closer look from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Disney Plus

Jump to solution

It says I installed Disney Plus on my Roku on my account, but it's not displayed as a channel on my tv. I've typed it in and it does not show up. I reset my Roku and selected it again as one of the channels and it still did not work. What do I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Disney Plus

Jump to solution

@amandamayersohn 

settings > system > system update

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Disney+ Protected content license error

Jump to solution

I'm having the same error issue on all of my roku's. Was on the phone with Disney customer service for over an over they had me clear cache and things with my roku and still same error comes up. None of my other channels have issues or have ever had any issues, but Disney plus is the only one and is only happening with Disney plus itself, but they say it's never been an issue. So frustrating and still no fix or help. At this point I'm ready to just give up on Disney plus altogether 

Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Disney+ Protected content license error

Jump to solution

@heartoftexas2 wrote:

I'm having the same error issue on all of my roku's. Was on the phone with Disney customer service for over an over they had me clear cache and things with my roku and still same error comes up. None of my other channels have issues or have ever had any issues, but Disney plus is the only one and is only happening with Disney plus itself, but they say it's never been an issue. So frustrating and still no fix or help. At this point I'm ready to just give up on Disney plus altogether 

What models are your Rokus? For some of us, the ONLY thing that fixes this problem is a complete reset to factory settings and re-entering everything - all passwords - like you've just taken it out of the box and setting it up for the first time. On the 3600X, for example, there is no other fix. 

Highlighted

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner,

This is my second try with Disney plus, and this continues happening only on my rokus. Have there been any updates to this issue? Have worked with Disney plus a few times, cleared cache, restarted the rokus, still getting the same "protected content error", but disney plus works on my phone just fine? Also, every other channel on my roku works just fine and have not had issues? I have the straming stick + and the ultra, same errors anytime I try to play anything on disney plus. I appreciate any help you can offer because this is beyond frustrating and both roku and disney plus saying it's the others issue and both customer service departments have not been helpful with this or any solutions and I've been on and off phone for hours, literally! 

Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

@heartoftexas2 wrote:

Hi Tanner,

This is my second try with Disney plus, and this continues happening only on my rokus. Have there been any updates to this issue? Have worked with Disney plus a few times, cleared cache, restarted the rokus, still getting the same "protected content error", but disney plus works on my phone just fine? Also, every other channel on my roku works just fine and have not had issues? I have the straming stick + and the ultra, same errors anytime I try to play anything on disney plus. I appreciate any help you can offer because this is beyond frustrating and both roku and disney plus saying it's the others issue and both customer service departments have not been helpful with this or any solutions and I've been on and off phone for hours, literally! 

For some of us, the only thing that worked was a complete reset to factory settings and putting everything back in like we've just taken the things out of the box. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Disney +

Jump to solution

I have my Disney + account set up through my Apple Pay. But EVERYTIME i try to log in from the roku tv app it says my subscription needs to be started over like i don’t have an account with Disney + and I do. It’s just not under roku

0 Kudos