Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayce75
Level 8

Re: Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution

Same issue here as well. I have two Roku XS 3100Xs in my kid's rooms that I specifically purchased because they have and can play media from USB devices - but neither one of them will add the channel. My Ultra downstairs picked it up right after I added it on the My Roku website.

I'm hoping this is just some kind of rollout issue.

0 Kudos
Jlechelt
Level 8

Re: Disney+ not working on 4K Roku

Jump to solution
System restart did the trick!!! Thanks.
0 Kudos
shelleyp
Level 10

Jump to solution

I found issues still. For one, the Star Wars splash screen isn't loading.

However, everything is fine on my Roku TCL TV.

I'm beginning to suspect the use of the MicroSD card.

0 Kudos
jayce75
Level 8

Jump to solution

I found this:

https://heavy.com/streaming/2019/11/disney-plus-roku/

Not sure if your Roku device will have Disney Plus available at launch? Here’s every Roku model that will have Disney Plus:

• Roku 4: 4670X, 4662X, 4661X, 4660X, 4640X, 4630X, 4620X, 4400X, 4230X, 4210X, 4200X
  • Roku 3: 3931X, 3930X, 3921X, 3920X, 3910X, 3900X, 3811X, 3810X, 3800X, 3710X, 3700X, 3600X, 3500X
  • Roku 2: 2720X, 2710X, 2700X
  • All Roku TVs

I’ll also note that you need to have the latest version of Roku OS (version 9.2) in order to be able to install Disney Plus. So, if your device is no longer receiving Roku OS updates, you’ll definitely need to grab a newer Roku or pickup any of the other Disney Plus-ready devices.

Since my XS is a 3100x I guess it's not going to work. Would have been nice to know this a couple of weeks ago - Disney + was only announced more than 6 months ago

Daver317
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks I have an Roku 2XD isn't on that list.  Guess I need to buy a new one

Jlechelt
Level 8

Jump to solution
I don’t have an SD thing. And it’s now having trouble loading. So I guess this is all “just out of the gate” issues that will be fixed soon. Maybe why they start on a Tuesday instead of a Friday. Also, noticed that nothing is appearing as UHD/HDR even though it should. Just shows as HD.
0 Kudos
shelleyp
Level 10

Jump to solution

I agree, out of the gates stuff.

0 Kudos
Grob
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel - Coming Soon!

Jump to solution
This happened to me too with the Roku streaming stick. Pressing the back button once should open a side menu where you can get to shows and movies. Still can't get the home screen to work. Glad it's not just me.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Disney+ Channel - Coming Soon!

Jump to solution

Based on several reports I've seen, Disney appears to still have a few issues to iron out with the channel. Give them a little time. I'm sure they were deluged with new users yesterday.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

All of those old Roku devices (2 XS, 2 XD) are legacy players that are no longer supported. They won't get OS 9.2, therefore Disney+ won't work on them. Yep, time for an upgrade. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.