Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baneuhart
Level 7

Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution
Will all versions of Roku be able to add Disney Plus? I have an old XS device and when I search for Disney Plus the channel is there (with no icon) and when I try to add I get an error. Thanks!
shelleyp
Level 10

Re: Any luck on the disney + app yet?

Jump to solution

I've installed it on my Roku Ultra. Logged in with password.

However, the main splash page is not working. To get any content, I had to left arrow until the left side menu showed up.

I can display movies. The rest of the options aren't showing anything yet, and neither is the home screen. Absolutely no problem playing movies, though the buffer quality was poor for first 30 seconds or so.

They're definitely having problems with the splash screens, series, and originals.

Jlechelt
Level 8

Disney+ not working on 4K Roku

Jump to solution
Disney+ is not working on my 4K Roku. Blank screen where titles should appear. I have a 4K tv and proper cables. Seems that it thinks I don’t have 4K and is hiding 4K options.
Gladn
Level 7

Disney plus app downloaded but is not working

Jump to solution
The app is not working. I downloaded the app, logged in and now all I see is a blank screen. Went back to home and clicked on the app and I get the blank screen again. Lame launch
0 Kudos
Daver317
Level 8

Re: Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution

Same issue. "Could not add 'Disney Plus' " when adding on my Roku. Online Channel shows installed, but is not available on device.

Channel Icon is missing image too

cfouler
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel - Coming Soon!

Jump to solution
Just downloaded the app,signed in ,get the logo screen then it goes blank. TCL Roku tv.
shelleyp
Level 10

Re: Disney+ not working on 4K Roku

Jump to solution

Not just the 4K.

I have an Ultra, and except for Movies, all of the menu options are showing just the title, not the content. And the home screen isn't loading.

This is likely new rollout data issues, not specific to any supported device.

pyrem
Level 7

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue. Just a blank blue screen after logging in.
0 Kudos
shelleyp
Level 10

If Disney+ is not displaying options try this

Jump to solution

Someone had this issue with the Roku 4K and I've had it with the Ultra

Logged into new Disney+ and the Home screen and options aren't showing up for most of the app except for movies.

If this happens to you, restart your Roku. After the restart, Home screen and other content showed up for me.

This may be related to having an inserted MicroSD card on my Ultra for extra space. This did not happen on my TCL Roku TV. (Edit: Others don't have the card and still had the problem.)

Even after the restart, some of the splash screens are not showing up correctly on the Ultra. The Star Wars screen isn't loading at all. However, on the TCL Roku TV, everything is showing. And it loads more quickly.

I suspect much of this is rollout blues. As Yoda would say, we'll need to be patient.

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
pyrem
Level 7

Jump to solution
I did a system restart and that worked.
0 Kudos