Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huskerfan
Level 9

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

Seems to be something with Disney and Roku...mine is a supported device according to the list.....get the same blank blue screen at start up...but if go to movies and such is does show....huge disapointment...Disney  has dropped the ball...if not remdied within 24 hrs i will cancel my subscription and encourage others to do the sane...send the "all powerful mouse" a message

Note: have had fewer issues with other non roku device...

Disney Plus Failure 

0 Kudos
ScottK-LV
Level 8

Unable to load Disney+ app on Roku 2...anyone else having this same issue?

Jump to solution

Any issues downloading Disney+ app to your Roku2?  It won't even allow me to download the app...is this due to limitation on the '2' OR is part of the Disney problem and Roku has disabled downloading of the app until they get it all sorted out?

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your reports here. Disney+ is currently working to help alleviate some of the issues that are being reported. 

If the channel won't load, you are seeing a blue screen when launching the channel, or content tiles/pictures aren't loading, please continue trying back. Disney+ is working to restore services as quickly as possible. 

If you are seeing an error message when trying to add the channel that the channel failed to install, please try restarting your Roku device, then visit Settings>System>System update>Check now and try checking for a system update. Then, review your Roku Home screen to see if the channel has been added. Please let us know if this does not resolve the issue after a few attempts. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
gnonny11
Level 9

Jump to solution

To all... Hey, this is just my opinion, and each person can do whatever they want to do, obviously, but I really think we need to have some patience.  My family has signed up for new channels that had problems on launch before (DC Universe comes to mind). Sometimes no matter how much they plan ahead, all the kinks and issues aren't immediately worked out. My advice would be to hang tight and give things a chance to get better.  I mean, I can understand the frustration of paying for something and not having it work like it should (or not work at all).  I say venting always helps, but giving up doesn't always.

On my end, when I tried Disney+ out on our Roku (Roku 3 / 4230x), had some initial loading issues, then menu came up. Chose the new live action Lady & the Tramp, initially got some error message (didn't make note of it), tried again, screen came up to play the movie. Few seconds to load it up, as I recall, and then it played through fine.  Next chose and started up the live action Dumbo movie, it started fine. I had to get out of the channel to do other things, so didn't continue watching it.  But so far, so good, knock wood.

And now some are thinking, "Okay, great, gnonny11, Disney+ is working fine on your Roku, no wonder you're so peachy, but what about those of us who also paid for the channel but so far have major issues?" To that I say, that totally sucks. I'd be upset too, no doubt. But again, I say hang in there and give Disney some time to work this stuff out. Don't give up the first day or even the first few days.

First world problems!

Roku 4230x - 1080HD//SonyBravia55 TV-4K//Ethernet
Favorite/most used channels:Netflix, Hulu, DC Universe, Disney+, PlutoTV, Criterion, Prime, Starz
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

Nope, Disney+ is crashing all over. It's not restricted to Roku devices...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/12/media/disney-error/index.html

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Gambit
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have thus far experienced a handful of  issues:

I have a Roku Ultra. I added the Disney+ Channel this morning and was able to login.

* The Home screen shows just a blank blue screen

* The Tab for TV shows is blank as well.

* After logging in, I tried to use the option under the gear icon to activate my account. I was sent an e-mail with the activation code. However, the app will not actually let you enter the code in. You just see the blank code field with just a code of all zeroes. But, there is no way to get up into the field and enter the code. I even tried with the Roku Remote app on my phone using the keyboard function and that would not work either. So, at present, I can't see away to actually activate my account.

The next thing I am going to try is totally rebooting the Roku. I will post back with my results.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to load Disney+ app on Roku 2...anyone else having this same issue?

Jump to solution

@ScottK-LV 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can see the supported list of Roku device models that the Disney+ channel supports here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=a168b614db4d40d03c0cf158bf96198e

If you have additional questions regarding device availability, please reach out to Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Gambit wrote:

I have thus far experienced a handful of  issues:

I have a Roku Ultra. I added the Disney+ Channel this morning and was able to login.

* The Home screen shows just a blank blue screen

* The Tab for TV shows is blank as well.

* After logging in, I tried to use the option under the gear icon to activate my account. I was sent an e-mail with the activation code. However, the app will not actually let you enter the code in. You just see the blank code field with just a code of all zeroes. But, there is no way to get up into the field and enter the code. I even tried with the Roku Remote app on my phone using the keyboard function and that would not work either. So, at present, I can't see away to actually activate my account.

The next thing I am going to try is totally rebooting the Roku. I will post back with my results.

Disney has acknowledged that they are having problems this morning. This is not a Roku issue, as many people with other platforms are experiencing the same problems. It appears Disney+ was far more popular than Disney was expecting, and their servers were slammed. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RedLReviews
Level 7

Jump to solution

Does anyone else get the message "Unable to verify location. Please enable location services(Error Code 31)? I don't understand how to fix this at all because I can't find anything referring to location services anywhere in my Roku

0 Kudos
Angiodan
Level 7

Jump to solution
I tried it again now, and it is working.

As others have noted and experienced, it’s on Disney’s end. I’m sure there will hiccups for a day or two considering they are pleasantly surprised with how many signed up first day.
0 Kudos