Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney+ Error

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TCL tv, and out of nowhere my Disney+ stopped working. The error read “An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.” Yes, my TVs up to date and connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Help with Disney Plus

Jump to solution

I purchased Disney Plus through my old Roku using the Roku stick we had at the time. A few days ago, we got a new and updated Roku stick. We had to log back in and restart everything with this new product. Everything worked except Disney Plus. Can someone please help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney+ Error

Jump to solution

@Ali-Carner 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Help with Disney Plus

Jump to solution

@srg1 

Thanks for the post.

Did you link your current Roku device to the same Roku account that your previous device as on? Have you signed into your Disney+ account?

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Disney + error message

Jump to solution

I had this same problem where it kept giving me a content license error. Once I did the settings part and it restarted, it worked fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

For a few weeks Disney+  worked, bu now I'm getting the "protected content error" that others have, and I've browsed this thread for advice.

So far, I've reset my network; removed disney+, restarted, and then reinstalled; and done a factory reset. None of those fixed the error. I called Disney+, and they said it was a roku issue and gave me the Roku support number (which is not in service due to the situation). Are there any other things to try?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was having trouble but come to find out it was the HDMI Cable. Sometimes my screen would be purple and I would have to pull the HDMI cable and put it back in to get the screen to come back to normal. Definitely try the HDMI cable

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip!

Just spent some time with the Disney+ reps, and it looks like latency might be the issue. Bandwidth was fine, but they require a latency of less than 50 ms. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@utmandrew wrote:

Thanks for the tip!

Just spent some time with the Disney+ reps, and it looks like latency might be the issue. Bandwidth was fine, but they require a latency of less than 50 ms. 

That's a pretty steep requirement. I just pinged the Microsoft web site, and my average latency was 62 ms, with a max of 109. And I live within 50 miles of the Microsoft campus, so I would expect their servers to respond well here. Pinging the D+ web site (which likely isn't the same location as their media server farms) I had an average of 29 ms. Speedtest is reporting my general latency as 10 ms. You should check yours against the same site, as it gives a pretty good idea what your general latency is (www.speedtest.net)

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

Hi i Have the same error but i using a Roku Premiere

0 Kudos