Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution
It seems like the license protected error I am getting is not a Disney problem, it is only on the Roku, in my house I have a Macbook and two different Fire Sticks on my Wi-Fi and everything works flawlessly, the Roku is the only one having an issue to play the actual movies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
I can't figure out the issue. What does an isp have anything to do with protected license issues? I can see all the disney+ content just won't play anything. Same error for days.
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Disney+ “Error: Protected Content License Error” every time I press play on a movie

Jump to solution

@tally wrote:
This is the message I get too, I later installed my Mac computer and two Fire Sticks that work flawlessly. my Roku is compatible and it is updated to 9.2 like it says, Roku says it is not their problem it is a Disney issue or my internet provider issue but I don't see how it is! Something is happening on the Roku end because it works on every other device in my house and on my Wi-Fi. You are the first person I have heard to get this besides me there must be an answer! The Disney Plus app is installed on my Roku, I log in, and can scroll through everything, I can access my profile information, everything but when you hit play I get the error and it does not play

I agree, it's not an ISP issue. But it is a Disney issue, because they are responsible for the functionality of their app/channel on a Roku device. Roku did not create the channel, and there's been no OS update that could be causing an issue. But you can't compare the app on another device, because they are written for a completely different operating system. The Fire Sticks are Android, and of course the Mac is MacOS, which has its roots in Unix. Roku devices run a modified version of Linux, so is not compatible with any other OS.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@tally Thanks for reaching out. While we don't manage content delivery or licensing, I'd like to help pass your feedback along to the channel provider so they can take a closer look. If you wouldn't mind, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, your Roku device's serial number from Settings>System>About, along with your Disney+ account email address. 

Please include the specific content title example(s) that you have encountered this error on while trying to watch, and I'll make sure we share this feedback with the channel provider. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Thank you very much
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution

wow this is really a crock.... you not only have a monopoly but now you have to buy all new equipment to watch the channel. Shame on disney! My roku and samsung smart tv are not supported BS. I want my money back.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ “Error: Protected Content License Error” every time I press play on a movie

Jump to solution

Yes, it is Disney!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
It’s just so frustrating
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I can't add Disney Plus as well. I see it in the group Most Popular but I get a msg that it can't be added. Maybe they don't see that I'm living in the Netherlands and that's why I have this problem.
I have a 4230X and it should be compatible with Disney Plus.
I hope they can solve these problems soon Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution
Sad to hear my "unsupported" 3050x's access to Disney+ will be so short lived.
Since I've been using YouTube on this Model since Roku allowed its Support... The random freeze/resume/reboot I'm experiencing is nothing by comparison.
Was actually hoping after Disney+ released a few updates (The version running on my 2XD is 1.0.2019111201 which I assume means Version 1 available on Release Day.) this reboot "glitch" would resolve itself.
I just got my $15 Replacement/Upgrade Offer Express+ so... If the 2XD won't continue with "Unofficial" Disney+ Channel Access. Its had a good run...
(Update: Just checked for New Updates... Disney+ disappeared as if it was never there. Was a fun 8 hours on the 2XD... Showing the Old Dog new tricks before Update Support ends 11/15... And I move on to the other Roku players.)