Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney plus

Jump to solution

Would someone please help me with my Verizon Disney bundle.  I already had a Disney plus account.  Then I got Verizon.  I signed up for Disney plus through the Verizon account.  But I am still being billed for Disney through Roku . How do I fix this . Disney and Verizon both say Roku must fix it .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney plus

Jump to solution

Per the post above, I contacted Disney+ chat support through their website. I had the weird email address handy and told them what was going on. They were able to change it for me.

Also, you may want to note that I needed to solve this now because all of the Disney properties, including ESPN, are using a universal login now. When I tried to login to my ESPN account using my old credentials (my actual email address), it tried sending me a reset code to this auto-gen code. Thankfully they were able to fix it.

Hope this helps someone else out there!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney plus

Jump to solution

@Julie3 

Thanks for the post.

If you subscribed to the Disney+ through Roku Pay, you will need to log into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and click Manage your subscriptions if you need to cancel your Disney+ subscription. For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I manage or cancel a Roku® Pay subscription?

If you need further assistance with your Roku account, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Pin issue purchasing from Disney+

Jump to solution

@Taboo 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Disney+ channel has a PIN specifically for that channel, it is different than the Roku PIN that is used for your Roku account. Have you tried contacting Disney+ support for further assistance regarding the issue that you are experiencing? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel in Belgium

Jump to solution

I have a roku Express (3900EU) and am located in Belgium but when I try to add the disney+ channel it says the channel is not available in my region. Disney+ is available since yesterday (15/09/2020) in Belgium. Could you please fix and advice?

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@gbernaerts wrote:

I have a roku Express (3900EU) and am located in Belgium but when I try to add the disney+ channel it says the channel is not available in my region. Disney+ is available since yesterday (15/09/2020) in Belgium. Could you please fix and advice?

Roku does not control that. Disney has sole control over where their channel is available on Roku devices. Just because the service is available in Belgium doesn't mean that Disney is permitting Roku devices there to have it. Disney has to update their channel in the Roku Channel Store, and only Disney can do that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I contacted Disney+ support and they confirmed that disney+ roku channel should be available in Belgium. How come I can't download it from the roku express device nor on the roku website using my computer. Maybe the region linked to my account is incorrect. How can I know to what region my roku account/device is linked?

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

Why isn't the chanal available in The Netherlands? Disney+ is available in the Netherlands, as is Roku. Just the combination that is not available. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@gbernaerts wrote:

I contacted Disney+ support and they confirmed that disney+ roku channel should be available in Belgium. How come I can't download it from the roku express device nor on the roku website using my computer. Maybe the region linked to my account is incorrect. How can I know to what region my roku account/device is linked?

Yes, that is one possibility. If your Roku account was created when you were located somewhere other than Belgium (or perhaps using a VPN) that might cause it. I'm not certain if there's any way to change that. Most of the responses I've seen have just advised to create a new user account within that location.

That said, just because D+ support said that doesn't make it true. Many times the customer service people answering the calls simply aren't aware of how Roku channels are controlled. They simply believe (or have been incorrectly told) that if the service is available in a particular country that means the appropriate channel is available on Roku devices. I've heard the same thing from other users in different countries, where the CS staff say it's available but Roku confirms the channel hasn't been authorized for that country, and Roku themselves cannot change that.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

@2309Bart wrote:

Why isn't the chanal available in The Netherlands? Disney+ is available in the Netherlands, as is Roku. Just the combination that is not available. 

Same answer. Just because D+ is available there doesn't mean their developers have modified the settings in the channel store to make it available there on Roku devices. Again, it's happened the same way in other countries. 

Dan
0 Kudos