Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney+ question regarding subscription

Jump to solution

Great question! I can't figure out how to access the Disney+ subscription I got through roku account! It is asking for an email and password but my roku account email amd password won't work!  I wish someone would answer you!

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney+ question regarding subscription

Jump to solution

@Kcamp 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you will need to log into the Disney+ channel with your Disney+ account. This information may or may not be the same as your Roku account. For more information about your Disney+ account information, you will need to reach out to Disney+ support.

You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku 3, Disney+ does not show log on screen when I open app

Jump to solution

Roku 3, Disney+ does not show log on screen when I open app.

On my 65" Sharp TV I have a Roku 3. It will open the the Disney+ app but does not show the Log On screen. It will show the screen to purchase use. 

It works fine on another TV with my Roku Express.

Please let me know if there is a fix.

Thank you,

Steven

STRM9

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 3, Disney+ does not show log on screen when I open app

Jump to solution

@STRM9 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Are you able to see the log on screen in the channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney + on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have an issue with Disney+ channel and appreciate if someone can help me here.

1. I had Disney+ that I subscribed from my main Roku TV. After getting Disney+ on this TV, I realized that I cannot add Disney+ to other TVs in the house and could not watch it on other devices like pc/tablet.

2. Then I cancelled the subscription to Disney+ through Roku TV and signed up for the service directly through Disney website. Now I can watch this channel on other devices, but have a hard time to add it to my Roku TVs. When I try to add it to Roku TV, it always try to subscribe through the Roku TV, it does not give me an option to use the id/password I already have.

3. Does anyone know how to get Disney+ on a Roku TV using a ID and PWD?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney + on Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Kith 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your Roku TV starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this allow you to sign into the Disney+ channel? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney plus

Jump to solution

Per Disney Plus, if we are still logged into DisneyPlus and we can see the auto generated they can find the account and change the email to the right one. 
If not, they would need an account id from our Roku account to find it. (which makes sense) They said it would look like 1a234a56-789c-4749-991b-aae12345b33d..... Is that something we find on our side or do we have to get it from you guys?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney + on Roku TV

Jump to solution

That worked!

After I removed the channel and tried to add it again and there was an option to log in using an ID and Pwd.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Pin issue purchasing from Disney+

Jump to solution

If I try to purchase a movie Roku tells me the pin I enter is incorrect. I changed the pin and got the same response. My daughter really wants to see Mulan 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have to login into Disney+ EVERY TIME I start up Roku

Jump to solution

For some reason, and this has only started happening in the past couple of weeks, I have to enter my email address and password every time I fire up Disney+ on my Roku device.

Does anyone know why? Is there a way to stay logged in?

One day I even logged in in the morning, only to have to login again when I opened the channel in the evening!

Massively frustrating as this didn't happen before and it takes ages to enter login details using the remote...