Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdub1969
Level 7

Re: Disney plus won’t let me log in

Jump to solution

Me too!! Please help! Roku bullying me into subscription through them but I already have one with iTunes!

0 Kudos
chellly
Level 7

Disney +

Jump to solution

I am so glad I am not the own one my tv just restarted on me so I had to log back in to my chancels and the own one not to be working is disney + It's so crazy it's saying "Protected content license error" I don't know if it's disney + or my tv which is an Roku. 

(I am making an complain to disney too )

If anyone knows how to fix this plz help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney +

Jump to solution

@chellly 

Thanks for the post.

For any playback, licensing, or location errors you may be seeing, or if you need help signing into the Disney+ channel on your Roku device, please contact Disney+ support. You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/  or by calling 888-905-7888. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
vulpix
Level 7

Re: Disney+ “Error: Protected Content License Error” every time I press play on a movie

Jump to solution

Same! I was in the middle of watching a show, but then I changed the input, (this was never a problem before because the Roku stays on even when you are on different inputs) and now I cannot watch ANY episodes of that show. I have not tried to watch other shows on my Roku, but disneyplus works on my laptop, so this is a Roku thing.

0 Kudos
AnniEm
Level 10

Re: Disney+ “Error: Protected Content License Error” every time I press play on a movie

Jump to solution

What Roku model do you have? Some of the older ones that are actually on the supported list (like my 3600X) have had that error - I literally had to factory reset it (which will mean that it's like it's fresh out of the box, you'll have to re-enter all your passwords and logins, including WiFi) and it's been working fine since with Disney+. 

@vulpix wrote:

Same! I was in the middle of watching a show, but then I changed the input, (this was never a problem before because the Roku stays on even when you are on different inputs) and now I cannot watch ANY episodes of that show. I have not tried to watch other shows on my Roku, but disneyplus works on my laptop, so this is a Roku thing.

0 Kudos
kvenkateeshin
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for your post. I Have a Sharp TV with Roku. I moved to Japan. In the Roku web #Disney+ says “installed” but in the device it’s not visible. I tried factory reset and updated to latest OS as well. I’m unable to get Disney+ in my Roku in Japan. Can you advise me please? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@kvenkateeshin wrote:

Hi, thanks for your post. I Have a Sharp TV with Roku. I moved to Japan. In the Roku web #Disney+ says “installed” but in the device it’s not visible. I tried factory reset and updated to latest OS as well. I’m unable to get Disney+ in my Roku in Japan. Can you advise me please? Thanks in advance

I'm almost certain that Disney+ is not supported on Roku devices in Japan. I'm not saying that Disney doesn't offer D+ there (I have no idea if they do or don't), but even if they do it might not be available on Roku devices. And that is not something that Roku controls. It is under the total control of the channel provider (Disney in this case). 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jwillams77
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm getting the error on a Roku TV.   The link says Roku TV's are supported.   This is not the issue.

0 Kudos
sigp
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't get Disney+ to show up on the home screen, next to Netflix and Prime etc. I went to the "channel store" but it didn't exist there!

When I do a standard ROKU search, like you would for a movie or TV show, and input Disney+, it shows up and when selected and input my password it works fine.

I'd like not having to do a search every time I want to log onto Disney+. How do I get the Disney + icon to show up on my home screen?

PS: It's very annoying that ROKU no longer have voice technical support. I also own AppleTV and Amazon FireStick and they both STILL have voice technical support. So ROKU's excuse about the coronavirus is bull when comparing to their competitors !!!.. Sig

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@sigp wrote:

I can't get Disney+ to show up on the home screen, next to Netflix and Prime etc. I went to the "channel store" but it didn't exist there!

When I do a standard ROKU search, like you would for a movie or TV show, and input Disney+, it shows up and when selected and input my password it works fine.

I'd like not having to do a search every time I want to log onto Disney+. How do I get the Disney + icon to show up on my home screen?

PS: It's very annoying that ROKU no longer have voice technical support. I also own AppleTV and Amazon FireStick and they both STILL have voice technical support. So ROKU's excuse about the coronavirus is bull when comparing to their competitors !!!.. Sig

What model Roku player do you have, and where are you located? Many older Roku players are not supported, and not all countries are available for D+. And both of these are completely under the control of Disney, not Roku. Disney offers a list of Roku models that are supported, but it's not accurate. FOr example, There are 5 different models called Roku 2, but only two of them are supported by Disney.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos