Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katie222
Level 7

Re: Disney plus

Jump to solution

Hello 

I wish to just cancel because no one has helped me I have been emailing facebooking since March and I’ve contacted Disney plus and there’s nothing they can do please can you help me with getting in contact with someone who can refund me the £60 for an app that does not work and I’ve had for 3 months now! I’m really not happy with the service and really wish for this to be dealt with as soon as possible. 

ambermarie79
Level 7

Jump to solution

Have you logged out of the Disney account on your Roku and been able to successfully sign back in? The email and password you use to sign in on the Roku should work on any other device. If you have not tried doing that, I would. I am guessing your login info is wrong. If you can log out and back in with zero issues, but can’t on another device after activating said device, I’m not sure. I’m tech savvy. Smiley Happy If you did not pay Disney+ directly, which you apparently did not do, they most likely wouldn’t have access to your account information. You used Roku Pay from the sounds of it. Did the transaction to your PayPal account come from Roku? I’m assuming so. To cancel Roku Pay subscriptions or premium channel subscriptions through The Roku Channel, you can sign into your Roku account on your mobile device or computer, go to subscriptions & simply click cancel. Streaming subscriptions are prepaid so this method is not going to get you a refund. I don’t think you’ll get a refund no matter what you do, but emailing customer care is probably your only option, or filing a dispute with your card company. 

0 Kudos
javi6455
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Error Code 31

Jump to solution

Yes.

• I programmed an old internet extender, using my phone hot spot as the signal to extend. You need to input the same password, same name, and same security of your phone into the Extender. (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu7W7UaMNTY)
  • I connected the extender in the input of my internet router, and the router “used” the location of the Extender.
  • I opened the Disney App in the Roku and let it run for a few minutes. Without selecting any movie.
  • Left the app open in the Roku.
  • I unplug the extender from the input and within 1 minute I plug in my new internet line into the router.
  • With the app open, select a movie and let it run for a few minutes.
  • This solves the issue. If you received the Error 31 again, just plug back the extender into the router let it stay for a few minutes and this will resolve the issue.

It worked for me. The easiest way is to plug in another provider line, into the router and execute step 2 to 7.

@NeilW wrote:

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue, have the 4k Ultra

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney z+

Jump to solution

@princessapril13 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What Roku device are you trying to watch the Disney+ channel on?

Please be aware that the Disney+ channel only supports the newer Roku model devices.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
am04
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

?

0 Kudos
ram_kokul
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Content Tiles Not Loading or Error Installing Channel

Jump to solution

I'm in Australia try to install Disney plus to Rock say it not supported in the region ???????? any help? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Disney+ Content Tiles Not Loading or Error Installing Channel

Jump to solution

@ram_kokul wrote:

I'm in Australia try to install Disney plus to Rock say it not supported in the region ???????? any help? 

While Disney+ might be available in Australia, that doesn't always mean that it's available on Roku devices. Roku themselves do not control that. It is under the sole control of the channel developer, in this case Disney. So it's something that Disney has to configure in their channel.

Also, D+ isn't compatible with some older Roku devices. What model number Roku do you have?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Acb0222
Level 7

Jump to solution

I understand your frustration. I'd been watching just fine on several devices. I believe it was after an update it would no longer let me access my subscription on other devices. Disney said contact Roku and then Roku said contact Disney. Why was I able to watch it so often on other devices for so long and then nothing? Same email address...so confused Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Acb0222 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Disney+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Disney+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cdub1969
Level 7

Re: Disney plus won’t let me log in

Jump to solution

Me too! WTF?

0 Kudos