Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

@Norman08 wrote:
Protected Content License Error

Hello, I have a Roku 4400xx - Roku 4. 

Disney plus come s up but keep getting this message (Protected Content License Error ).

Its up to date (9.2). I dont know what else to do

go to settings in your Roku then display type.  make shure it recognizes your tv hdmi port at 4k HDR resolution.  if it doesn't you will get the Protected Content error.  keep scanning your TV  untill the Roku recognize the hbmi as ver hdcp 2.2 and 4k hdr..  you may need to do this more than once.  5 times for me with a power reset or two.  you can still view some disney plus content when you get the error but it is only SD OR 1080 HD content.  All 4k HDR content will give you the "Protected content error" untill your Roku sees your TV hdmi port correctly.  after power failures or unplugging the Roku you may need to do this again.  hope it helps.  it worked for me a few times. 

Roku Ultra/4670R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 2 and Disney+

Jump to solution

I have multiple Roku devices and have a subscription to Disney+. I cannot locate Disney+ when trying to add it to my Roku 2 XS; documentation says its available for the Roku 2. #disney+

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: Roku 2 and Disney+

Jump to solution

Roku has an unfortunate habit of maintaining model names when bringing out new units.   You really need the model NUMBER when determining capabilities. Find your model number via Settings > System > About

Some of the newer channel apps, like Disney +, rely on enhanced capabilities of the more recent units (generally units introduced after 2012) and will not run on earlier, less capable, Roku units.

Roku 2 XS (model 3100 introduced in 2011) is not the same as a Roku 2 (2720/3000/3050/4210).

These model numbers can NOT run Disney +:

• 2400X - LT (2011)
  • 2700X - LT (2013)
  • 3000X - 2 (2011)
  • 3050X - 2 XD (2011)
  • 3100X - 2 XS (2011)
  • 2450X - LT (2012)
  • 2500X - HD (2012)
  • 3400X - Streaming Stick MHL (2012)
  • 3420X - Streaming Stick MHL (2012)

Source: https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/disney-is-not-available-on-some-older-roku-players-here-are-the-roku...

In general, if your unit doesn't offer the capability of choosing multiple profiles on Netflix, it is probably one that will not run these newer channel apps.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My pin is not working when I try to get Disney Plus free trial

Jump to solution

@Hokimoto1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you create a PIN when setting up your Disney+ account, which is different than a Roku account PIN. If you are having issues with your Disney+ account, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider for further assistance.

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Not getting 24hz playback on movies for some reason, anyone else seeing this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@smooie wrote:

Not getting 24hz playback on movies for some reason, anyone else seeing this?

What model Roku player you using? Only the 4K players support framerate matching, and you have to enable it in the Advanced display settings. Of course, I have no idea if Disney is streaming it at 24 Hz, either.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Premier plus 4630x. I have frame matching enabled, it was working fine a few days ago.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@smooie wrote:

Premier plus 4630x. I have frame matching enabled, it was working fine a few days ago.

More than likely it's something on Disney's side. Roku hasn't pushed any updates up recently to my knowledge, so either Disney updated their channel to no longer support it, or they stopped sending out streams at 24 Hz. I don't know why they would do that, as it would reduce the bandwidth used, but there might be some technical reason for it on their server side. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have just bought a Roku Express and cannot find the option to install the Disney + Channel, either on the channel store or on the streaming channels under 'Movies & TV'.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

@itchebantye wrote:

Hi 

I have just bought a Roku Express and cannot find the option to install the Disney + Channel, either on the channel store or on the streaming channels under 'Movies & TV'.

Thank you 

Are you located in the US, Canada, or UK? To my knowledge, those are the only three locations that Disney authorizes their channel on Roku devices. It doesn't matter if D+ is available elsewhere, Disney has to permit their channel to be available on Roku devices in the same location. 

Dan
0 Kudos