Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Disney+ “Error: Protected Content License Error” every time I press play on a movie

Jump to solution

Which model Roku do you have? For many of us, the ONLY thing that's worked is a full factory reset of the device (like you just bought it - you'll have to re-enter all passwords, WiFi password if applicable, etc.).

@Krugo157 wrote:

Since it's been a few months... Have you found a way to fix this? I am having the exact same problem too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney Plus setup says to enter ROKU PIN

Jump to solution

When I get to the setup part where I select the monthly subscription, setup then says to Enter Roku PIN. I have my Roku set to No Pin Required. If I select the subscribe button, the screen flashes to the Disney screen and then back to PIN screen. Went to my.roku.com and set up a PIN, but Disney setup does not recognize the pin. No error message. Screen flashes to Disney screen and then back to Roku PIN screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Disney+ “Error: Protected Content License Error” every time I press play on a movie

Jump to solution

I had this error on my Roku TV model 7121X.  What solved it for me was connecting my TV to my phone's hotspot for a bit. 

I figured something was wrong with the time (or lack of time) as the System Update section was devoid of any last update time or last checked time.  Once the TV was connected to my phone, both of those filled in and the time screen saver showed the correct time.  I did not check the time screen saver prior to this though.

While connected to my phone, I was able to start Disney+ and watch part of a movie.  So I connected the TV back to my wired network and can still play it.

I'm guessing I'm blocking something that I shouldn't be but I also have a Roku 4 that works without issue.  Perhaps it's because it's been in place since before I started down the path of blocking things.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Disney plus error

Jump to solution

Has there been a solution? My Roku displays the same error. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sarag1995 @Captain97 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For any playback, licensing, or location errors you may be seeing, or if you need help signing into the Disney+ channel on your Roku device, please contact Disney+ support. You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/  or by calling 888-905-7888. 

Location errors are not an issue with your Roku device. This is something that Disney+ and/or your ISP (related to your IP address registration information) will need to assist you with related to your network or their content delivery systems. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney Plus setup says to enter ROKU PIN

Jump to solution

I ended up setting the Roku back to factory settings and then set it up again. After this I was able to finish my Disney subscription.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@sarag1995 @Captain97 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For any playback, licensing, or location errors you may be seeing, or if you need help signing into the Disney+ channel on your Roku device, please contact Disney+ support. You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/  or by calling 888-905-7888. 

Location errors are not an issue with your Roku device. This is something that Disney+ and/or your ISP (related to your IP address registration information) will need to assist you with related to your network or their content delivery systems. 

Thanks,
Danny

I believe I figured out this or at least my protected content error/problem. When I go into the settings for my Roku and it set up to auto detect the picture resolution it will default to 1080p Even though I have 4K HDMI version 2.2 ports When I try to play the 4k uhd version of anything I get the Protected Content error.  Playing the regular 1080p versions seems to work just fine. Go into the menu for your Roku and into your video settings and quality.  If you cannot get it to connect to 4K 60 hertz UHD, then your TV will not play the videos and will display the protected content license error message. You need to have the Roku recognize your UHD HDMI port as 2.2. Mine took several tries until it would recognize the port as4k HDMI 2.2. My port are 2.2 version of HDMI for some reason the Roku doesn't recognize them easily It is a Roku box problem. My box has a hard time figuring out what hdmi version I have. After a few tries I got the Roku to recognize my HDMI. 2.2 version and all videos played correctly with no protected content error. You need to have the green check mark next to the protected contentafter the scan completes. If not, it won't work.  hope this helps.

Roku Ultra/4670R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney Plus

Jump to solution

HI,

In my case, my Roku model is Express plus which I am sure it should be supported by Disney Plus. However,

I haven't seen Disney plus channel. I don't even have "search channel" option. I did the factory reset already.

I believe I did it all. So disappointed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Disney Plus

Jump to solution

@mountaineer wrote:

HI,

In my case, my Roku model is Express plus which I am sure it should be supported by Disney Plus. However,

I haven't seen Disney plus channel. I don't even have "search channel" option. I did the factory reset already.

I believe I did it all. So disappointed.

Are you in the US, or some other country? Disney+ isn't available on Roku devices outside the US and perhaps Canada at this time. You'd have to ask Disney why. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos