Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: not installing disney plus

Jump to solution

@Omegamaster40 wrote:

I see disney plus isnt supported on older Roku models like mine (2450x) - thats very frustrating as i have multiple ones hooked up at my and multiple family members houses in different states. 

Is this something you are working on supporting soon?

Buying multiple new rokus only to have to rebuy more new rokus in near future when they dont support the next streaming service isnt an acceptable solution for me. 

Starting to look at and recommend other streaming devices to people just in case roku cant figure this out. 

This isn't a Roku decision, so don't blame Roku. Disney has sole control over the supported devices, so Disney is who you need to complain to. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 2 and added Disney+.  Some of the shows in Disney+ Don’t load the episode for the seasons of the shows.. Is this because the Roku 2 is not supported by Disney+ ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@DLN50 wrote:

I have a Roku 2 and added Disney+.  Some of the shows in Disney+ Don’t load the episode for the seasons of the shows.. Is this because the Roku 2 is not supported by Disney+ ?

Depends on your model Roku. There are five different Roku players that used 2 in the name, and I believe only one of them is supported. However, if they are unsupported you should not (in theory) been able to add the channel in the first place. Are you saying that some of the content plays, but not all? And what country are you located in?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

We have been on phone with Disney+ support 3xs  with NO final help/answers. We have roku Express 2019 version, app plays all the movies well But theyre playing in a foreign language or with narration.  There is no choice to change to English on the movies or if there is, we then can't get rid of the narration.

PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Bd2 wrote:

We have been on phone with Disney+ support 3xs  with NO final help/answers. We have roku Express 2019 version, app plays all the movies well But theyre playing in a foreign language or with narration.  There is no choice to change to English on the movies or if there is, we then can't get rid of the narration.

PLEASE HELP

In the Disney+ app while movie is playing you can change the language using the Menu in the upper right hand corner on your screen.  Hope this is your issue.

Roku Ultra/4670R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am getting protected content error on Disney plus, my roku is on 9.2 and I did a factory reset what is going on with this device it works sometimes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney Plus won't stream in English on my Roku but it will on my computer.

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue with a brand new Roku Premiere. After deleting the app and reinstalling it, it has now switch from being all in Spanish to now all in French. I just want to watch Disney+ in English. This does not happen on any of my other apps including Netflix or Amazon, just Disney+. Does anyone know how to fix this?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have tried that however when I go to change the language, English isn't even an option.

Highlighted
Level 7

Unnecessarily charged for disney+

Jump to solution

I had signed up for the Disney plus pre trial, and then I found out that through Verizon unlimited you can get it for free so I thought I would go through Verizon but I was charged anyways on my card for the following month 😳. I didn't want to cancel again because I was afraid it would cancel my subscription thru verizon, but I just did it anyways to avoid added charges. How do I get the script thru verizon back? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Soon as I press play on Disney+ Roku glitches

Jump to solution

@Jpsteve 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos