Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Disney+ Protected content license error

Jump to solution

@DMull wrote:

I continued to get the Protected Content License Error after resetting my Roku Ultra back to factory settings and reinstalling the Disney Plus app. I still got the error and seemingly more frequently. I got on Disney Plus support and they suggested resetting my password and clearing the cache. I couldn't figure out how to clear the cache, BUT resetting my password for some reason SEEMS to have done the trick. I haven't gotten the Licence Error in about 10-15 minutes. We'll see if it continues to function without error.

Did the password change hold?  Are you still able to view Disney+ with no Protected content errors today? 

Roku Ultra/4670R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No Disney+

Jump to solution

Can confirm, working with an older model at the in laws and it is not available as an option yet. Disappointing!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

Disney plus won’t work on any of my Roku devices. It keeps saying, Error “an unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.”

how can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Rjpalisoc wrote:

Disney plus won’t work on any of my Roku devices. It keeps saying, Error “an unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.”

how can this be fixed?

First, what are the model numbers of your Roku devices (numbers, not names)? Next, are you located in the US or Canada? If not, D+ isn't supported on Roku devices where you live. 

Assuming you live where it's available on Roku, and your players are supported (not all are), then the next step is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (if it's a Roku TV, just turning it off does not reboot it), and then installing the channel again. Since you say you have multiple devices, make sure it's removed from all of them, then reboot all of them, and only then reinstall the channel. These steps are mandatory for a clean removal. 

If that fails, the last thing to try, which has worked for some people, is to do a factory reset of the Roku and set it up as if it's a new device. But first answer the questions above, because if you're trying to use unsupported devices it will never play. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Protected content license error

Jump to solution

@Mdouglas13 wrote:

@DMull wrote:

I continued to get the Protected Content License Error after resetting my Roku Ultra back to factory settings and reinstalling the Disney Plus app. I still got the error and seemingly more frequently. I got on Disney Plus support and they suggested resetting my password and clearing the cache. I couldn't figure out how to clear the cache, BUT resetting my password for some reason SEEMS to have done the trick. I haven't gotten the Licence Error in about 10-15 minutes. We'll see if it continues to function without error.

Did the password change hold?  Are you still able to view Disney+ with no Protected content errors today? 

The password change did NOT work. I just started watching Star Wars and received the Protected Content License Error twice within ten minutes. This is not worth it. It is being frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Soon as I press play on Disney+ Roku glitches

Jump to solution

As soon as I press play on star wars on Disney + my Roku starts glitching out and jumps from no connection on tv and back and glitching like crazy. Tried multiple things no help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 2 xs can not find Disney+ app to download channel

Jump to solution

All of my Rokus except this 2XS have Disney+. On this one it's not an option. I have even made sure it is listed when I sign in on the web site. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 2 xs can not find Disney+ app to download channel

Jump to solution

@Shikband 

If you are using a model of Roku device that isn't supported by the Disney+ channel, you wouldn't see the channel appear in the 'Streaming Channels' on your device. We've been working with Disney+ to help clear up any issues that were reported around launch, which may have impacted your experience earlier.

You can review Disney+'s supported Roku device models here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=a168b614db4d40d03c0cf158bf96198e

Unsupported models of Roku devices include: 

2400, 3000, 3050, 3100, 2450, 2500, 3400, 3420

You can visit Settings>System>About on your device to confirm the model number.

Hope that helps clarify! 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No Disney+

Jump to solution

@TunaTim 

Thanks for the note.

What model is the device that Disney+ is working on?

You can see the supported list of Roku device models that the Disney+ channel supports here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=a168b614db4d40d03c0cf158bf96198e

The following Roku device models are not supported by the Disney+ channel: 
2400, 3000, 3050, 3100, 2450, 2500, 3400, 3420

If you have additional questions regarding device availability, please reach out to Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a roku TV. It was working fine with disney+ for a few days but now when I open the disney+ app the audio from previous shows I've watched is playing in the background before I select anything off the menu. If i start a new program it just layers on so there are 3+ audios playing at once. Help please!

0 Kudos