Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

I've typed my password in correctly twenty times trying to set the channel up on my roku express. I've just signed in on my.phone and computer with the same dang pw and roku keeps telling me it's incorrect. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution

Roku: Explain why all the models of your players that are not comparable end in X? Please explain why the customer base that has these products will now have to cash in to get another model? What was roku's position during the design and platform level for these products to be marketed if it cannot support the Disney plus? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Jackoletti wrote:

Roku: Explain why all the models of your players that are not comparable end in X? Please explain why the customer base that has these products will now have to cash in to get another model? What was roku's position during the design and platform level for these products to be marketed if it cannot support the Disney plus? 

Whatever letter a model number ends in only identifies the way it was sold. Some are retail, some direct from Roku, and Walmart has their own specific suffix. I believe (but could be wrong) that the X suffix only identifies players that were purchased directly from Roku. Both of my Ultra players came directly from Roku and have an X suffix. Well, I just checked my Premiere, which I purchased from a local super store, and it also has an X suffix, so I guess the X is just retail. I believe models from Walmart have a two letter suffix, with one of the letters being W.

But the bottom line is there's no hardware difference between any player, regardless of the suffix. And every player I have works just fine with Disney+, so the X isn't an issue. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Disney+ Protected content license error

Jump to solution

Yes, I ended up having to factory reset all 3 of my rokus which really was frustrating. I've had roku devices for year, never an issue like this with any channel. Get all new rokus this past year, never an issue with a channel until Disney plus, on the phone for weeks over an hour at a time, both companies saying it's on the other one for tech to fix, even after clearing cache, reinstalling, uninstalling, factory reset and over a month of the same licensing error, which is 100% on Disney, not a roku issue. Ended up having to factory rest all 3 roku devices to finally get Disney + to play anything and its ridiculous I had to go thru this hassle and having to wipe my systems and start over again. Disney is bigger then any of the other channels, with far more resources, yet they've caused the biggest hassle and had the worst in service, had to wait 10 business days between each call for them to look into it each time, when it was a licensing issue from their end the whole time.  If it ever does this again, I will live without it because I won't go thru the hassle or inconvenience again. I'm just surprised they haven't done more to prevent this issue by now. Hopefully noone else has to go thru this continually like I did, but just know clearing the cache and uninstalling the app does nothing to solve a licensing error issue, that only helps to refresh the device itself, so don't waste your time, the rokus themselves work just fine.

Highlighted

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

Yes, I ended up having to factory reset all 3 of my rokus which really was frustrating. I've had roku devices for year, never an issue like this with any channel. Get all new rokus this past year, never an issue with a channel until Disney plus, on the phone for weeks over an hour at a time, both companies saying it's on the other one for tech to fix, even after clearing cache, reinstalling, uninstalling, factory reset and over a month of the same licensing error, which is 100% on Disney, not a roku issue. Ended up having to factory rest all 3 roku devices to finally get Disney + to play anything and its ridiculous I had to go thru this hassle and having to wipe my systems and start over again. Disney is bigger then any of the other channels, with far more resources, yet they've caused the biggest hassle and had the worst in service, had to wait 10 business days between each call for them to look into it each time, when it was a licensing issue from their end the whole time.  If it ever does this again, I will live without it because I won't go thru the hassle or inconvenience again. I'm just surprised they haven't done more to prevent this issue by now. Hopefully noone else has to go thru this continually like I did, but just know clearing the cache and uninstalling the app does nothing to solve a licensing error issue, that only helps to refresh the device itself, so don't waste your time, the rokus themselves work just fine.

0 Kudos
Level 10

Jump to solution

@Jackoletti wrote:

Can't say that all X models have the problem. I have 2 3600X sticks. One worked fine immediately upon installing Disney Plus - no issues. The other required the full factory reset. Go figure. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Impossible de changer ou annuler mon pin

Jump to solution

Bonjour ,

Quand j'essaie d'annuler mon **bleep** pour l'achat de chaînes ça me dit que tout est ok et que ça prendra effet la prochaine fois que je me servirai de ma clé roku et quand j'essaie d'ajouter la chaîne Disney on me demande un **bleep** !!! Je fais quoi??? On a été capable sur l'autre tv intelligente mais pas avec ma clé roku. C'est par ce que c'est l'essaie de 7 jours gratuit??

Merci 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I continued to get the Protected Content License Error after resetting my Roku Ultra back to factory settings and reinstalling the Disney Plus app. I still got the error and seemingly more frequently. I got on Disney Plus support and they suggested resetting my password and clearing the cache. I couldn't figure out how to clear the cache, BUT resetting my password for some reason SEEMS to have done the trick. I haven't gotten the Licence Error in about 10-15 minutes. We'll see if it continues to function without error.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I also did all that Disney asked me to do, uninstall and re install the app and reset the Roku. Also I tried the big pain of factory reset which also didn't work and also seemed to have worsened the problem. COME ON DISNEY GET YOUR APP FIXED ON ROKU!!!! 

Roku Ultra/4670R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@DMull wrote:

I continued to get the Protected Content License Error after resetting my Roku Ultra back to factory settings and reinstalling the Disney Plus app. I still got the error and seemingly more frequently. I got on Disney Plus support and they suggested resetting my password and clearing the cache. I couldn't figure out how to clear the cache, BUT resetting my password for some reason SEEMS to have done the trick. I haven't gotten the Licence Error in about 10-15 minutes. We'll see if it continues to function without error.

There is no cache to clear on a Roku. Some other devices do, such as when using a web browser. But Roku players don't have a cache, other than deleting a channel, rebooting and reinstalling it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos