Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

I subscribed to Disney+ through my Roku service. Love it. 

Now, how do I access the Disney+ site online not through my Roku. I do believe I should have access since I am still paying for the subscription.

Thanks much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@raetz2011 wrote:

I subscribed to Disney+ through my Roku service. Love it. 

Now, how do I access the Disney+ site online not through my Roku. I do believe I should have access since I am still paying for the subscription.

Thanks much.

Whatever credentials you entered into the D+ channel on the Roku should work for web login as well. I just tried my credentials on the web site and it worked. However, my account wasn't created through a Roku device. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Disney plus error

Jump to solution

Hello All, Has anyone has an issue accessing Disney plus app? Everytime I go to click on a movie or tv show on Disney plus an error pops up saying " An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected." this happens on my roku tv and the roku device in my son's room. Is this an error with Disney or is this a Roku problem, it has been working fine up until yesterday, and netflix has been working fine on both devices. HELP PLEASE!

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

How come they told.me on disney chat that my device is not supported, even though I have been watching the channel fine for the last 3 weeks successfully? Why suddenly would it be incompatible? My device isnt even listed as not supported.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Interesting.  I called d Disney+ support as you said to do and they tell me to call Roku support!  GREAT... NO help anywhere.  What next?  Nice runaround.

Roku Ultra/4670R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@shwalshe wrote:

How come they told.me on disney chat that my device is not supported, even though I have been watching the channel fine for the last 3 weeks successfully? Why suddenly would it be incompatible? My device isnt even listed as not supported.  

Disney's Roku rollout has been, quite truthfully, a mess. The list they have is by NO means complete as they lump devices together that are actually separate model numbers. They have also cut off a number of folks who'd previously been able to watch by saying the device they're using isn't supported OR you're in the wrong geographical area. What exactly is your device's model # and where are you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the roku stick, and roku tv, 7202x. I am in Massachusetts 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@shwalshe wrote:

I have the roku stick, and roku tv, 7202x. I am in Massachusetts 

There are a number of different stick models, not all supported. What model do you have?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

3600x which was not on their list for not being comparable. I just had to cancel the subscription. Watched it fine on both roku models for a month, then in a matter of 8 hours it is suddenly not compatable.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@shwalshe The Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600 series) is a supported model for the Disney+ channel. The only models of Roku Streaming Stick that are not supported, as denoted in the Disney+ support article here, are the 3400 series models. 

If you are in a region outside the US or Canada using a Roku device, the Disney+ channel is not currently supported on the Roku platform and the channel would not be available. If you have further questions, I'd recommend contacting Disney+ support for more help. You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos