Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Wnymama
Level 7

Disappointed by Unsupported Device & Disney+

Jump to solution
Apparently Disney+ is getting pulled off the Roku 2XS models. I cannot even find the channel anymore on my box. I own several Roku devices, and this one is the oldest but works just as well. I don’t agree to “planned obsolescence.” Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Now all work perfectly on my Roku. There’s no viable reason or excuse why Disney+ shouldn’t be available on my device too. I’m very disappointed. Disney May ultimately lose $ bc their platform doesn’t translate/function across devices.
0 Kudos
Jhagen
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AnniEm
Level 10

Jump to solution

@Jhagen wrote:

Armidale NSW Australia

From all accounts thus far Disney has not chosen to make it available via Roku in Australia /New Zealand yet, unfortunately. This is something you'll need to take up with them; Disney decides the platform availability, not Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
shortkake1
Level 7

Close caption language selected is English but the captions are not in English?

Jump to solution

Watching Disney+ I have selected English for the close caption language but it looks like German. Have tried switching to German but no English. Have tried software update, and settings are up to date. Any suggestions? I have a roku model 3500.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution

@Wnymama wrote:
So “planned obsolescence” is okay?!?!

I can't say it's OK, just that it's the way it is. Some things can continue being functional as newer versions are updated, such as cars, appliances, homes, while others simply can't keep up with newer products, with software/electronics being a noticeable one. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
towwgod
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have an older roku 2 but I cant find disney plus on it any idea?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@towwgod wrote:

There are five different models called Roku 2, but only one is supported by Disney. Which model do you have? Unless it's the model 4210, it won't be supported and you won't find D+ on it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AnniEm
Level 10

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@towwgod wrote:

There are five different models called Roku 2, but only one is supported by Disney. Which model do you have? Unless it's the model 4210, it won't be supported and you won't find D+ on it. 

Also, where are you? It appears that for now, Disney+ is only available in the US and Canada.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jrinkc
Level 7

Roku support helpless with Disney+

Jump to solution

I subscribed for Disney + through ROKU, and paid for a year in advance.

The channel worked for several weeks.  Now, if comes up asking for a login, or start a free trial.

I can't log in, as the subscription went through ROKU, not Disney.  Disney doesn't recognize my email address.

I spend over an hour on the phone with Roku support, and was transfered to 4 different departments.  No one either understood the problem, or was able to fix it.

The last person cancelled my account for that channel, and instigated a refund.  I tried re-subscribing  through ROKU today, and still get asked for a free trial or login.  I assume I've re-instated the annual fee to my Roku account, so I would like to get what I'm paying for.

Is there anyone at ROKU that can figure this out?  

(The device is an Ultra.)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku support helpless with Disney+

Jump to solution

@jrinkc 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account, billing or order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos