Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jhagen
Level 8

Cannot access Disney + on my Roku Premier device in Australia why?

Jump to solution

Cannot access Disney + on my Roku Premier device in Australia why?  How can I make this work?

0 Kudos
Jhagen
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Haydn
Level 7

Re: not installing disney plus

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting me know this plusone. I'll chase Disney+ help about this also, with a bit of luck they'll get it sorted eventually.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@Jhagen wrote:

Because Disney hasn't authorized Roku devices to have the channel. Disney is who controls that, not Roku. Disney has to approve regions beyond the US and Canada, which right now are the only two regions that Roku devices are permitted to access Disney+. Again, Disney has to make the change in their Roku channel programming. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Haydn
Level 7

Jump to solution

Probably very similar reasons to what we're experiencing in New Zealand. The Disney+ channel is currently only available for US and Canada. If you contact Disney+ support and let them know you're trying to install the Disney+ channel on a Roku device in Australia but cannot because the channel is not available hopefully at some point their tech department will work out that there are people outside of USA who have Disney+ and a Roku who need the ability to install the channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Cannot access Disney + on my Roku Premier device in Australia why?

Jump to solution

@Jhagen wrote:

Cannot access Disney + on my Roku Premier device in Australia why?  How can I make this work?

You cannot make it work. Disney has only allowed Roku devices in the US and Canada to install the D+ channel. So you have to keep bugging Disney to update their Roku channel to allow additional regions to use the channel.

This is something that Roku has no control over. Regional access is completely controlled by the channel developers, in this case that's Disney. Roku cannot alter what the channel developer designates in the channel software. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Youngsavvy23
Level 7

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AnniEm
Level 10

Jump to solution
Where are you located?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@Youngsavvy23 wrote:
Won’t download

I think @AnniEm directed the question to you, but we do need to know. Where are you located? Disney+ is only available on Roku devices in the US and Canada at this time. Roku has no control over where it's available. Only Disney can update their channel to work in other regions. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wnymama
Level 7

Re: Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution
So “planned obsolescence” is okay?!?!
0 Kudos