Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution
That’s the confusing part. As I wrote - I HAVE a supported Roku.
It’s a Roku 3600, and is supported per Disney. And I AM able to open the Disney + channel, but playing shows I get the “Protected License Content” message.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sir, Your help nor Disney is helping me here in Canada. I have a Roku Stick model supported by Disney+ everything is installed but when I select the movie or program and click play is keep saying " ERROR Protected content license error", but thru my Laptop I can access my Disney+ account and watch everything... but not thru ROKU. Called Disney and they tell me to call ROKU, of course there is no phone number in ROKU to call and I'm here with a subscription charged to my credit card and I cannot watch it on ROKU. Basically I'm in the "limbo" without anyone helping me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney+ ROKU Stick ERROR Protected Content License Error

Jump to solution

"ERROR Protected content license error" every time I select a movie or program on Disney+ and my model is supported...I have a Roku Stick model supported by Disney+ everything is installed but when I select the movie or program and click play is keep saying " ERROR Protected content license error", but thru my Laptop I can access my Disney+ account and watch everything... but not thru ROKU. Called Disney and they tell me to call ROKU, of course there is no phone number in ROKU to call and I'm here with a subscription charged to my credit card and I cannot watch it on ROKU. Basically I'm in the "limbo" without anyone helping me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney +

Jump to solution

The same thing happened to me. I downloaded the channel and was able to access content the first day, but now the channel has disappeared. I'd love to know how to resolve it. :/  I have a Roku 2 XD. I don't care enough about Disney to go out and spend $$$$ on all new Rokus if Disney won't play on older models. Kinda sucks though. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution
I have a Roku 3600x and couldn’t stream Disney+. Everything gave me a “Protected Content License Error.” I went into my Roku Settings -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Factory Reset. It will be a bit of a pain because you have to basically do a new setup of your Roku, but it worked!! I’m streaming Disney+ with no problems now!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Disney +

Jump to solution
I have two roku. They are both the same. I downloaded Disney + with no problems on one. But when I went to download the Disney + on the other. It downloaded but when I open it it says Start Streaming November 12, 2019. It won’t let me log in.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

You will need to completely reset this Roku from scratch as if you had just bought it new. You'll need your WiFi password (if applicable) handy, and all of the passwords/logins for all your other services. Once it's back up and running, make sure it has the 9.2 update. A good many of us on this list have this Roku Streaming Stick and this has been the ONLY thing that gets this particular Roku to work with Disney, myself included. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

What exact model of Roku Streaming Stick do you have? If it's the 3600X, the ONLY FIX for this stick to get Disney+ working is to reset it back to factory and reinstall everything from scratch (there's a number of people on this list, including myself, who've had to do this). You'll need your Wifi password, if applicable, and all of your logins/passwords for the services to which you subscribe. Once that's all done, make sure the Roku is running the 9.2 update. It may already be using that update but it will not work without the complete reset. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Disney +

Jump to solution

@dare wrote:

The same thing happened to me. I downloaded the channel and was able to access content the first day, but now the channel has disappeared. I'd love to know how to resolve it. :/  I have a Roku 2 XD. I don't care enough about Disney to go out and spend $$$$ on all new Rokus if Disney won't play on older models. Kinda sucks though. 

I understand your frustration. Disney does not support your player, and it was an error that you were able to download it in the first place. You'd have to ask Disney why they pulled them from players that received them accidentally, but there's no way to get it back unless Disney changes their mind on which players to support. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No Disney+

Jump to solution
I could not find Disney+ on the roku channel search. I then installed it from the roku site. But it still doesn’t appear anywhere on the roku menus or searches. I have an older model roku (2012), is this the problem?