Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramiabell
Level 7

Re: Disney + code 83 error

Jump to solution
I am having this exact same problem!
0 Kudos
KEM2009
Level 8

Disney + error message

Jump to solution

We were watching movies and shows just fine three days ago on Disney app, but yesterday and today the message is - Error failed to create media player. What do I do?

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Disney + error message

Jump to solution

@KEM2009 

If it doesnt happen on any other Channel its Disney Plus

Its a new Channel and has been a bit problematic.

Do a reset Settings/System/system restart

This should do it.

Good Luck

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
DanO99
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

It’s been a week, I can watch Disney + on my PC, my iPad etc, but cannot on my Roku.  I have triple checked: I have a supported Roku device.  I have done all the usual- reinstall, update Roku, turn off WiFi etc, still get “Protected Content License Error.”

This is CLEARLY a Roku issue as all other platforms I use play Disney flawlessly.

Roku: What’s the deal...?

WhiteRabbit_28
Level 7

Re: Disney + Protected Content License Error?

Jump to solution
Swapping out the HDMI cable fixed it for me.
OzzFreak
Level 7

Disney+ ended no way to renew

Jump to solution

the trial ran out for the disney+ 

now there is no way to renew, no button to push, nothing

the disnet site says i used roku so i need to use the roku site to manage my sub, the roku site has noway of renewing it.

https://i.postimg.cc/zvXpmS9w/dis.png 

please help or fix

thanks

Haas2643
Level 8

Re: Disney + code 83 error

Jump to solution
We tried contacting Disney and they were no help. They told us the system is still overloaded and we will just have to wait. We are going to try working with our internet provider next.
0 Kudos
AnniEm
Level 10

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution
What model is the Roku that doesn't get it?
0 Kudos
AnniEm
Level 10

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

Not to sound callous, but your only option is to buy a newer device. Unfortunately, if it's not supported, no amount of resetting/rebooting or what have you is going to get it to work - Roku can't help because Disney has decided which units they'll work with and which they won't. The only good thing is we're in the holiday sales period - there should be some decent deals on these.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

@parsons914 wrote:

if it does not support my device, what do I have to do to be able to watch Disney+

Unfortunately, you have to replace your device with one that is supported. This would be any new Roku, Fire TV or Nvidia Shield. For most people, I always suggest a Roku first, for both cost and an easy to use device. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos