Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanfram
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

lol what trash. none these threads are helping. Disney showed up in my roku for a minute, froze, and then disappeared completely. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lal2121
Level 7

Disney + issues

Jump to solution
Hi there! I was able to add Disney + to my Roku on Thursday and use it. Today I turned it on to watch, and the channel is no where to be found. I did a channel search and add and it isn't in the menu. I did a restart deon the menu and a restart at the box and it still isn’t there. My screen has the logo showing in the corner but nowhere to get to it?? Soo frustrating!
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

@monkeewrench wrote:

This is BS. I have a 2500x, cancelled netflix because it won't stream through my roku, and now no Disney +. Which is not true, because I had it for two days until I thrown out of it, my roku reset, removed itself from my channel, and disappeared from the list. It has since returned to the list.

I live in a rural community, and I am tired of being treated like our business and needs do not matter. This is **bleep**!

You are yelling at Roku, but they are only slightly responsible. Your player is considered legacy by Roku, meaning it is too old and no longer supported. You can't blame a company for discontinuing support for something that isn't capable of running the latest version of their OS. The 2500 was released April 2012, and is lacking enough resources (CPU power and memory space) for the latest updates. 

As for Disney+, it was Disney that decided to not support the oldest players. Roku has no control over what devices a particular channel is available on. It appears to have been a mistake that it was available for a short time on older players. Yes, it appeared to have worked, but Disney doesn't want to support the older players, so you need to talk with them, not Roku. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@sfangie wrote:

i have a roku stick that came with a tv i bought 5 years ago. It's a purple stick. it says it's model 3400x. when i go into my roku on the tv, there is a disney+ logo in the bottom left. i cannot find it in the channel list anywhere. i went online (laqptop) and added it no problem. i can't find disney+ on the app on my phone either. is my roku stick too old to get disney+?

Yes, the 3400 is far too old to support D+. In addition, Roku themselves no longer support the 3400. It has an MHL connection (it looks like HDMI but isn't), and MHL has been pretty much abandoned by the marketplace. There are no devices available that can plug into that MHL jack on your TV. Assuming your TV has other, HDMI jacks, you can plug in any HDMI streaming player and use that instead. Such as any Roku player, Fire TV, Shield, etc. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@acsoares wrote:

Then I did some research on the Disney+ website where they list the devices supported by Disney+, and the 2500X unit is apparently not supported.  Okay I understand that but how could I have downloaded and used the channel earlier this week on the2500X?  It worked just fine before. 

Secondly, is there a work around to get Disney+ reinstalled?  If not will I then have to buy a new Roku unit altogether?  Appreciate the feedback and your thoughts.

Yes. it appears there was a glitch on the Roku channel store that allowed the Disney+ channel to be installed on unsupported players. Apparently once it was discovered and fixed, it pulled it from the installed players. That is something you will have to ask Disney, as they alone control the settings of the channel for player support.

Is there a workaround? No, unfortunately.  There is no "back door" or side load ability to install software on a Roku device. All software has to be made available via the Channel store. 

Dan
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Jmar92 wrote:
I have a Roku 2XS 3700x with s/w 9.10 build 4111-02. I also get that the channel is not installed but it does say that i installed it through the website but in one of the discussions that D+ works with s/w 9.2.0. Why hasn't this update been pushed to compatable players yet? I checked for an update today but s/w is up to date.

The 2 XS is model 3100, which is an unsupported player and will never receive 9.2. The model 3700 is the Express, which I believe is supported. Which player do you actually have?

Dan
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@gnonny11 wrote:

The way Roku names their models sometimes is confusing, in my opinion.

Far as I can find out, it's Roku 3 3700x and not Roku 2XS 3700x that works with Disney+.

Roku 2's that work are 2720X, 2710X, 2700X. Not sure if there are more. Seems each list on sites that tell  which Roku works and which doesn't with Disney+ vary. There really needs to be a definitive list of exactly which ones work / don't work.

The 9.2 build is essential. If your Roku says it's up to date but won't update to 9.2, I think that means it's updated as far as it will go, and its "brain" doesn't know any difference, so it is incapable of any newer updates.  (For example, an older iPad I have won't update past version 10.x, even though lastest iOS is 13.2.2, but that iPad tells me it's updated if I go into Settings.)

Yes, it's incredibly annoying that Roku keeps reusing a name on vastly different hardware. But the model number is always different for each version. But the 3700 is not a 2XS or a Roku 3. The 3700 is one of the Express models, and should be supported by Disney+. The 2XS 3100 will never receive OS 9.2, as it is no longer supported by Roku. I have two, and I understand why they have dropped support. They are incredibly slow and laggy to use. I dropped mine in a drawer over two years ago because they performed so poorly. And that was with older versions of the Roku OS. 

Dan
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Leslie14 wrote:

ROKU does not even offer the Disney + channel. What a big RIP OFF. I don't know why I keep seeing it offered.  I have been trying for the past few days to see if I can get it.  I have updated my settings and restarted ROKU at a minimum of 15 times and still doesn't show Disney +.  I am very upset because I paid for the Disney + channel for 3 years and I can't even watch it on ROKU.  I don't understand why they keep advertising it when they don,t even offer it.  I call that false advertising and I believe it is against the law. Looks like they need to be sued for false advertising.

It most certainly is available on Roku, but only some players and TVs. The older players are not supported because Roku has discontinued support and not offer OS 9.2 on them. What model Roku do you have? Model number, not the name please. 

As far as the advertising for D+, you need to talk with Disney about that, not Roku. Disney is doing the advertisements. And as I said, it certainly is available on Roku. I watched it last night on my Ultra, and I'll be going back in a bit to watch some more on it. 

Dan
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@sanfram wrote:

lol what trash. none these threads are helping. Disney showed up in my roku for a minute, froze, and then disappeared completely. 

You apparently don't have a supported model of Roku. There was a glitch in the Channel Store that offered it on unsupported players for a short while, but as you noted it didn't work correctly and once the glitch was fixed the channel was removed.

You have to complain to Disney about them not supporting the older players. Roku has no control over what model players a specific channel is available on.

Dan
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Can't add disney+ channel

Jump to solution

@Bhaco wrote:
Hey, I live in the Netherlands but Roku doesn't allow me to add/ install the Disney plus channel. to my understanding Disney plus is available in the Netherlands by now. Why can't I add it to Roku then?

D+ might be available in your country, but the channel developer (Disney in this case) decides where the channel is available. There are many countries that offer Amazon Prime Video, but some of those countries do not have it available on Roku devices. That's the channel developer's decision, and Roku can't do anything about it. You have to ask Disney to support Roku in your country. But chances are good that any support person you reach won't have a clue what you're talking about and tell you it's a Roku problem. Not accurate, but just warning you what they might reply. 

Dan
0 Kudos