Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution
Stark3000... Did you figure out your specific model... Have luck with the download?
This morning my 3050x has continued to repeat the "freeze" (like it needs to Buffer, but no visual notification, resumes briefly, then a Roku Screen Reboot.).
Highlighted
Level 8

Disney+ Protected content license error

Jump to solution

Roku 3600x, os 9.2
It's been a couple days and am still having same issue with protected content license error issue(s).. can view Disney home screen and all movies/shows etc but when I play it's always same error. This sucks! Is this a Disney issue? Waste of time calling customer support, on hold too long and get disconnected. May have to cancel my trial if this issue isn't resolved within trial period.

[post merged with already existing thread]

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Protected content license error

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue. I'm not if this is a Disney or a Roku issue.
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney+ “Error: Protected Content License Error” every time I press play on a movie

Jump to solution
This msg pops up every time. We can’t watch anything. Our Iphone app works. We are just lost. Roku is updated and one that works w this channel. Please advise.
Highlighted

Jump to solution

So I am am able to install the channel and login but when using it it will often say 'HTTP response error....' 

any help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

No new updates on RokuTV so Disney+ won’t work

Jump to solution

So this is the scoop with Disney+. I successfully downloaded the app. I can’t use the app at all because it says it can’t find my location. According to the not very helpful customer support, there is a new version of software 9.2.0. I’m running 9.1.0 and when I manually check for updates and it says I’m up to date even though support tells me I’m not and I can’t get any answers on how to do that. I should also say that I did a factory reset on my Roku TV and still the Disney+ app won’t work. I think it’s partially roku and Disney. #RokuTV 

[title changed to denote issue]

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Lgodave Thanks for sharing your observations. We encountered a technical hiccup which inadvertently allowed the Disney+ channel to be installed on unsupported device models. We've resolved the issue, and the channel will be removed from these devices. You can review the supported model device list for the Disney+ channel here:https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=a168b614db4d40d03c0cf158bf96198e

This is why you were experiencing issues with the channel functioning properly. The good news is, we have a couple options available that may help. You can visit my.roku.com/upgrade to review your current upgrade offers. For Roku devices that no longer receive software updates, we are providing discounts toward a newer, supported Roku device model. If you aren't seeing an offer, and own a Roku device model that will no longer receive Roku software updates, feel free to send me a private message with your current Roku device serial number from Settings>System>About, and I'll see how I can assist you further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@homebrewedteach @pagegrrrl @osuguppy @Shup 

Hi there,

For any playback, licensing, or location errors you may be seeing, or if you need help signing into the Disney+ channel on your Roku device, please contact Disney+ support. You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/  or by calling 888-905-7888. 

Location errors are not an issue with your Roku device. This is something that Disney+ and/or your ISP (related to your IP address registration information) will need to assist you with related to your network or their content delivery systems. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am using a Roku streaming stick 3800X which is on the supported device list and I'm still getting the response " There was an error in the HTTP Response. This could mean that malformed  HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned." 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Disney+ “Error: Protected Content License Error” every time I press play on a movie

Jump to solution
This is the message I get too, I later installed my Mac computer and two Fire Sticks that work flawlessly. my Roku is compatible and it is updated to 9.2 like it says, Roku says it is not their problem it is a Disney issue or my internet provider issue but I don't see how it is! Something is happening on the Roku end because it works on every other device in my house and on my Wi-Fi. You are the first person I have heard to get this besides me there must be an answer! The Disney Plus app is installed on my Roku, I log in, and can scroll through everything, I can access my profile information, everything but when you hit play I get the error and it does not play