Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Disney + on roku 2

Jump to solution

Hi, I read online that the Roku 2 is compatible with Disney +, but I am trying to add the channel and I can't find it?  I was able to do it on a newer Roku that I have but not this one.  Anyone been able to find it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Disney + on roku 2

Jump to solution

@SarahElizabeth wrote:

Hi, I read online that the Roku 2 is compatible with Disney +, but I am trying to add the channel and I can't find it?  I was able to do it on a newer Roku that I have but not this one.  Anyone been able to find it?

Thanks!

You have to be more specific. Roku used the name Roku 2 on five different players, and not all are compatible with Disney+. We need the model number. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 4 Roku systems total 

2 Streaming Stick +

2 Ultras

All are getting the same message (error 14). I noticed the sign in is different than on Apple TV or Firestick. The others give you an option for mobile, I get on with the same password that the Roku have issues with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi there,

For any playback, licensing, or location errors you may be seeing, or if you need help signing into the Disney+ channel on your Roku device, please contact Disney+ support. You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/  or by calling 888-905-7888. 

We'd recommend trying to remove the channel from the Roku home screen, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart, then add the channel back again. If that still doesn't clear up the issue, as a last report troubleshooting method, you might try performing a factory reset on your device, then setting it up again from scratch. See the steps for this here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution
I have a Roku 2 XD and Disney Plus is not showing up as a channel. What do I do?
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@spmuwa wrote:
I have a Roku 2 XD and Disney Plus is not showing up as a channel. What do I do?

Unfortunately, you have to buy a new player. The 2 XD is either model 2050 or 3050. Both models are no longer supported by Roku, and will not receive OS 9.2, which is required for Disney+. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
So when I did searched for the channel it didn’t show up but when I went into the featured channels I found it. And I’m logged in and it’s working!
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution
Only took a Couple Days after I added the Channel to my Account (via Roku Website) for it to show up on my Roku 2 XD.

Took about a minute to load. (Didn't expect much.) Got Endgame to run... Froze up just after the "Snap". Started again for a few moments then Crashed/Rebooted the Roku.
For Take 2 I switched WiFi networks (Assuming download speed was partially to blame.) and I was able to resume the Movie and now 13 minutes further in... ("Who here hasn't been to Space?")

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Thank You for your help. it’s so frustrating
Highlighted

Re: Disney+ Channel - Coming Soon!

Jump to solution

Yes! did you find a fix? 

0 Kudos