Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Disney+

Jump to solution

@JAGUARDOG 

Disney+ is not currently available as the service has not yet been launched by Disney. This is why it would not appear as a channel option in Search.

Please see my note above and feel free to contact Disney+ directly for more information regarding their service availability. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

@JAGUARDOG wrote:

I just tried that and it did not work.  Disney + does not appear.  Only a 1 minute message that says "Disney Plus will stay family friendly"

Next time you may want to try it yourself 1st before saying anything?

I did, and Disney appears with only a couple of letters typed. There just doesn't appear to be a Disney + or Plus channel available yet. 

You might not be so snippy when someone offers assistance. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
guitarboy
Level 9

Jump to solution
You couldn't find it because the channel isn't available yet. The person who offered the search tip was just being helpful. He wasn't suggesting that you would find the channel now, only that you could follow his tip to find channels with a "+" in the name.

Jump to solution

Disney+ will not help we been trying to sign up for 3 weeks they will not help us I been to their Facebook page and they will NOT help.. I am so ticked off we may just scrub it all go back to Cable I rather pay more than be ticked off it the way I am.. 

0 Kudos
guitarboy
Level 9

Jump to solution

Don't get too frustrated - they're not taking registrations from anyone (at least not in Canada - I can't see what's on offer in other countries).  The service does not launch until November 12.  I agree that someone should be replying to you, but you can subscribe to updates by going to https://preview.disneyplus.com and clicking the "Keep Me Updated" button.

Jump to solution

@Sammy58 wrote:

Is there a ph.number we can call them we been trying to sign up for it for over 3 weeks and they will not send us a code. I can't find a way to get in touch can't find a number or email even went to their Facebook page twice asking for help NOTHING.. 

The channel isn't available yet, which might explain why they won't let you sign up. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
JAGUARDOG
Level 8

Jump to solution

That is true it is not available yet not until 12 November.  However you can sign up with them early I joined last month myself.  They are very easy to find here is how I found them unless it is not currently up/working?

GOOGLE - Disney +

click on the 1st response that comes up - Disney.com | The official home for all things Disney

On the very 1st Disney screen top left corner select Disney +

It brings up 2 options - Monthly $6.99 or Yearly $69.99

I hope this helps you and anyone else that comes looking?

Dwoodsgirl
Level 7

Jump to solution
I was an early subscriber to Disney plus when I took advantage of a special three-year pay-ahead deal at D23. So, I have been looking forward to adding it to my Rokus. I did notice when installing a Roku just this week (and I noticed it on one I installed a few months ago ) that there is an app right in the middle that says “currently not available”. This was a right upfront, easy to see spot, on the first page before I had downloaded or linked any other apps. I am only assuming that it is holding a pre-paid-for slot upfront for Disney+ which will not be available yet but will be available soon. Check your Roku out, to see if you have the same spot being held for a currently not available app also.
Highlighted
JMM1
Level 8

Disney Channel & Roku

Jump to solution

Will the new Disney Channel be administered by Roku the same way other Premium Subscriptions are like Starz or Showtime. Or will it be a solo channel or both?

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
ewe
Level 7

Disney + ???? Are we able to access Disney + on Roku?

Jump to solution

Ive read online articles stating that Disney+ will be available on Roku but I do not see a channel available.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos