Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

The Disney+ Channel is here!

For more information, check out our post on the Roku Blog here: https://blog.roku.com/disney-plus

If you have any questions, or need support including assistance logging into the channel or troubleshooting playback or loading issues within the channel, please feel free to contact Disney+ support at https://help.disneyplus.com/ or by phone at (1)-888-905-7888.

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note. You can see the supported list of Roku device models that the Disney+ channel supports here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=a168b614db4d40d03c0cf158bf96198e

One point to clarify though - For Roku LT, Disney+ is only supported on the Roku LT model 2700. 

If you have additional questions regarding device availability, please reach out to Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Disney+ Content Tiles Not Loading or Error Installing Channel

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. Sorry to hear about some of the hiccups you're running into! 

The Disney+ channel is currently experiencing high demand due to high popularity, which may result in some performance issues across various platforms which offer their service. Disney+ is working diligently to help address these issues and get things running smoothly. 

In the meantime, if you are seeing missing content, or images that aren't loading in the channel interface, please try restarting your device, and trying again. 

If you aren't able to install the channel, or receive an error, please restart your Roku device from SettingsSystem>System restart (or Settings>System>Power>System restart on Roku TVs). Then, check for a system update in Settings>System update>Check now. As long as you are using a model of Roku device that the Disney+ channel supports, the channel should install, even if it takes a few tries. 

If you need additional help or support, please contact Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
99 Replies
Highlighted
pwood78
Level 7

anyone see disney + (disney plus) on their channel options yet? I have a subscription because it said that it would be available on roku, but i don't see it.  I know the service doesn't start until November 12, so maybe on that day it will show???

Emko
Level 7

Re: Disney+

Jump to solution
No. I’ve been wondering the same thing. I too saw we could watch it on roku but when I couldn’t find the app, I waited to sign up. I wonder if it’ll show up once Disney + goes “live”?
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

Doesn't appear that it will be available until the channel goes live, or maybe a day or two before. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Once a channel is publicly available, it will be available to search and install on your device. Please feel free to reach out to Disney+ for more information regarding channel availability. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
jahallman
Level 7

Channel availability

Jump to solution

Does anyone know it Roku will be offering Disney+?

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Squirtle
Level 8

Re: Channel availability

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
JAGUARDOG
Level 8

Jump to solution

Since we have to use the current Roku search function how can we add any channel/network that has a + in it because there is no + to choose from?

atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

Just search for Disney and it will appear. You don't need to type the complete name. It matches partial entries. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
JAGUARDOG
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just tried that and it did not work.  Disney + does not appear.  Only a 1 minute message that says "Disney Plus will stay family friendly"

Next time you may want to try it yourself 1st before saying anything?

0 Kudos