Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kolo78
Level 7

Disney+ Channel crash after few minutes

The Disney+ Channel (and also Prime Video Channel) crash a few minutes after they start playing anything

I alredy tried:

1) Rebooting my Roku device

2) Un-installing - rebooting - installing again the Channel

3) Factory Reset the Roku device.

I have a Roku model 3930X - Roku Express . Software Version 9.4.0 - Comp. 4190-AE . 

Is there any solution for this problem? The channels are working great in all of my other devices, smart tvs, cell-phones, tablets, PS4, etc.

Thanks!

Regards,

Prof. Eng. Pablo Hernandez.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
LBGW
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel crash after few minutes

Professor,

Did you get any resolution to this issue? Ours is doing the same thing? We tried that too! I am beginning to get really frustrated, I need my National Geographic Documentaries, especially right now.  

Thank you!

Leah

0 Kudos
kolo78
Level 7

It's still crashing Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
gdm2000
Level 7

We have a 4230X and Disney+ crashes it several times a day

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @gdm2000,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
gdm2000
Level 7

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your response.

Disney+ does not show 'Remove Channel' after navigating to the channel tile and pressing the * key on my remote.

The only way I could find for removing Disney+ was to do a Factory Reset. It seems that other users have reported this, too. I did that last night. We'll see if that cleared things up.

- Greg

0 Kudos
kolo78
Level 7

This doesn't solve the issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @kolo78,

Thanks for the post.

Is Disney+ the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
kolo78
Level 7

Hi @RokuMary-F 

The problem is only with Disney+ Channel, it crash a few minutes after they start playing some content

I alredy tried:

1) Rebooting my Roku device

2) Un-installing - rebooting - installing again the Channel

3) Factory Reset the Roku device.

I have a Roku model 3930X - Roku Express . Software Version 9.4.0 - Comp. 4190-AE . 

Other channels (apps, like Netflix, Pluto, etc.) are working great. Also this channel is working fine in all of my other devices, smart tvs, cell-phones, tablets, PS4, etc.

Thanks!

Regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @kolo78,

Thanks for following up.

Try to do a manual update on your Roku by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now. Reboot your Roku device and try the channel again.

For more information on how to update your Roku device visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos