Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Disney + Cant turn off audio guide

Jump to solution

The solution, that has worked for me, and a large number of other people is:

1. From the home menu on the ROKU, select Settings
  2. From the Settings menu, highlight Audio
  3. Change from Auto-Detect to Stereo.
  4. Enjoy your movie

The Disney+ App will NOT auto-detect the audio stream properly, so you let the roku decide for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I thought it was Disney + fault since it wasn’t an issue on the other apps, but my other tv turned it off while my current tv won’t 

can you guys pleaseeee fix this issue of Roku vs Disney +

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree, these "newer" model roku devices SUCK! And the fact that Roku won't take responsibility for the malfunctioning of their devices is disappointing. I used the Disney App on my oldest Roku Player (purchased in 2016) and it works fine, same for my Prime Video app, but when I try it on my Roku Stick (a refurbished device) I have issues with playback and it's always one specific issue everytime. But Roku continues to blame the Channel. I have a Roku TV that plays just fine for these apps as well and a laptop, and a smartphone. This is the ONLY device that keeps giving me issues and they refuse to admit that it's the device. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Cant Turn Off Audio Guide Narration

Jump to solution

YES! Just tried it! And it DOES work! I have a regular Big screen HD TV with 3 HDMI outputs (just in case that extra detail of description helps anyone)...and I changed the audio settings in Roku to "stereo" and now it's playing without the video commentary! Ugh! Thank You! I was about ready to throw this ratchet Roku streaming stick in the trash and buy a fire stick...I think I still will since Riku won't replace this damaged refurbished device that was sent to me after the first playback issue I sent my new device back for. 

Anywho, Thanks A Bunch Nomolos 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ - Audio Descriptions On?

Jump to solution

I am now getting narration on all channels and cannot find a way to turn it off. I don’t need this and it freaks out my granddaughter 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

On your ROKU home screen, go to SETTINGS, then find AUDIO and change it from Auto-Detect to STEREO. That will fix the issue with the audio narration.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
How to Turn Audio Descriptions Off on Roku for Disney+
  1. Press the home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll to and press “ok” on settings.
  3. Scroll to Audio.
  4. Arrow over and down to “Audio mode”
  5. Select (Stereo)
  6. Go back to Disney+ and play a movie.
  7. Go to options and scroll to audio track. Click on arrow to change from digital stereo descriptive English (audio description) to whichever language you choose.
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked!!! Thx you so much!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank You....... I FINALLY got it off using your advice.  

0 Kudos