Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Cant Turn Off Audio Guide Narration

Jump to solution

OK, let's not get picky Smiley Very Happy. Technically, it's a workaround, not a fix. I understand that I can't use surround sound with this setting, but at least I, and others, can watch Disney+!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yep. Well we have surround sound and can’t use it now which is also annoying.

I’m not being picky. I’m stating a fact. It’s not a fix. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Agreed! Disney definitely needs to fix this. But stereo is better than wrong or no sound!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This was the fix for me! I tried everything under the sun and it was the stereo settings!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Disney + Cant turn off audio guide

Jump to solution

You need to select “English”, the one without the “*”, but then just wait it out and let the menu disappear on its own. Whenever I force the menu closed, it goes back to that stupid narration.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

In my case, the audio track selection is grayed out completely, on the disney app, if the sound settings on my roku are set to automatic, but when I set the Roku sound settings to stereo, I can change audio tracks in the disney app, so the problem is the disney app does not honor the automatic detection.  Makes my surround system useless, so thank you disney, for not making an app that works LIKE ALL MY OTHER STREAMING APPS. Disney is the ONLY app that needs to be forced set to stereo on my Roku, to avoid the  accessibility narration track for the visually impaired.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for continuing to share your feedback here. We'd like to gather some additional information to help pass along for further investigation of this issue. We'll need specific details regarding your device and home theatre setup, as well as specific content title examples that you watch when this issue occurs to help provide scenarios that will help our team and the channel provider reproduce the behavior. Please provide the following information if you are experiencing this issue: 

- Your Roku device model number (Settings>System>About) 

- A specific movie or TV show (season & episode) example that you experienced the issue on when trying to view it.  

- The brand and specific model of both 1) your TV, and 2) any A/V receiver/soundbar you may be using.

- Your specific selection of settings for each option in Settings>Audio when the issue occurred. 

- Does changing the specific setting in Settings>Audio> S/PDIF and ARC to stereo resolve the issue? 

- When playing content inside the Disney+ channel, press the * key. A menu will open on the lefthand side of the screen. If your device supports the feature, look through this menu for 'Volume mode' option. Is this enabled? If so, does disabling this feature resolve the issue?

We can help pass these details along to the team to share with the channel provider. We'll continue working together to help take a closer look and work towards further resolution. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Wow!! So after reading everyones comments finally got it!!! Simple fix for me. Under your options within the Disney App pay close attention to the “ Audio Track” you select, there are two English options : 1) English and 2) English -audio description. Pretty obvious if you dont want that annoying narrative guide stay away from the audio description.

This worked for me nothing else.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Nelly14 wrote:

Wow!! So after reading everyones comments finally got it!!! Simple fix for me. Under your options within the Disney App pay close attention to the “ Audio Track” you select, there are two English options : 1) English and 2) English -audio description. Pretty obvious if you dont want that annoying narrative guide stay away from the audio description.

This worked for me nothing else.Smiley Happy

Where on the app is the options menu? I've looked in settings, account....but cant find a specific location for Audio track. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked for us as well!!! We don’t have an accessibility option and I just tried this! Thank you!! 

0 Kudos